• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phishing Site Number?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am wondering if I recevied a text from a Phishing site. The phone number that sent me my 'Adobe Code' is  +1(844)200-2305  Is this legit or bogus? I fell for it if it is!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

I realize this is an old thread, but this number is not a scam. It's the number that you'll receive a text from if you've added your phone number to your Adobe ID profile and enabled multi-factor security on your account. You can use to code when prompted to sign in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peru Bob, that's the one alright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Adobe code?!   Creative Cloud products don't use serial numbers.  They're activated by your Adobe ID and password.

CS1, CS2 and CS3 products are officially dead.  There is no possible way to activate them even if you have the original software and serial number because the activation servers are gone.

If someone contacted you by private message claiming to be an Adobe rep, click their profile.  If there is no Adobe Staff badge, they are an impostor. Run away!  It's a scam. If you provide us with their name and profile link, we will ask Adobe to deactivate their ID.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, it was the sign in window, it said it would send a code by text to allow me to sign in.

I received the text and entered it then. I then put in my password which it said was incorrect. I became suspicious then 

as I noticed the phone number seemed odd and the Adobe windows made me suspicious also. The window is exactly like the Adobe window but the image credit (in the bottom left of the image) had a persons name. This seemed odd.

I believe the number was phisihig for my password, to access my Adobe account, to phish for card details.

I think Peru_Bo is correct. I have since changed my passwords and paused my cards. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is an old thread, but this number is not a scam. It's the number that you'll receive a text from if you've added your phone number to your Adobe ID profile and enabled multi-factor security on your account. You can use to code when prompted to sign in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if it is the case that 844 200 2305 is the correct number from Adobe when someone tries to log into my account for a secondary protocol to get the access code, why did I get  a text from that number this morning, after not trying to access my account, then log into my account less than 1 minute after that and get a text from a different source that did not have a phone number listed to give me the access code? After I logged in, I set up a secondary email account and got a text from yet another phone number that was different from the 2305 number. Also if 2305 is the official secondary protocol response number, how do I turn in an attempt to access my account to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get an access code with no attempt to login, then someone has tried to login as you. There is nothing to "turn in" to Adobe, they don't know who it was either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

I received a text from Adobe that appears to list the access code in Russian.  What would cause this?  I received one message from 844-200-2305 and another from 205-315-4616.  My location settings on my phone don't appear to have been changed.  My adobe account settings don't appear to have been changed.  I've updated my passwords anyway, but what would cause the code from Adobe to appear like this?

Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any inside knowledge, it suggests that the attempted login was from Russia (or somewhere using the Russian alphabet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can certainly vet that Adobe uses this telephone number for sending a 6 digit code to log into the account.  I'm in Germany and was also puzzled and somewhat concerned but as it coincided with me wanting to update Photoshop it made sense.

I can praise Adobe for instant response plus reliable updates (Win 10 user) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received 2 texts regarding my Adobe code from this phone number. I had not logged into my account at the time--there was no reason for the code. How do we verify why we're receiving these texts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You get a text if SOMEONE tries to login with your email. Maybe at other times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a text from (844)200-2305 listing a 6 digit number as my Adobe code.  I am assuming this is phishing but I have had recent problems with other accounts.  I would like to report to Adobe for clarification but have no luck in getting to someone.  Does anyone have a definiate answer on this number.  I changed my password and received a code and email from different Adobe numbers.

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I believe you are referring to the Adobe 2 step verification.

Please see these links for information: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/2-step-verification-account-security.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/using/secure-your-adobe-account.html

If you have set this up for your account then you will get the code. 

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar thing happen this morning, received a code from (844) 200-2305 AND a second number with a second code (201) 596-4050 pretty much at the same time. Only one code worked and not recalling which one now. Are both these numbers legit or is this a hacking situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines