• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements and Photoshop Nag Screen

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent my Windows 10, laptop to Dell to get repaired from a cracked screen. I don’t know what they did to it, but from what I understand they either installed a new operating system, reinstalled a new motherboard, or new hard drive and I think  that caused adobe premiere and photoshop to give a nag screen saying that the serial number is already in use by the maximum  number of computers, and that I need to deactivate the other computer within 30 days to use this product. The problem is that there is no other computer. I had only installed Adobe Photoshop, and Premiere on this computer. I went through the process of registering the program again, and then I got an email with the serial number. When I got this nag screen issue I decided to try doing this again and it didn’t work.  Since I don’t have another computer to deactivate the programs, I can’t deactivate them within 30 days, or AT ALL!  The nag screen is annoying. Can you please help me resolve this issue so I don’t have to get this nag screen every time I open Photoshop, or premiere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

John T Smith,

Thank you for your response. I tried what you said. I typed the word agent, and the virtual assistant replied, "An active plan or trial is required for live support assistance. I found no current active plan linked to this email."  I don't understand why it tells me this. I bought my Adobe program from Best Buy and its a permanent program, not one that exprires after a certain amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can't properly deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or by telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith,

Thank you for your response. I tried what you said. I typed the word agent, and the virtual assistant replied, "An active plan or trial is required for live support assistance. I found no current active plan linked to this email."  I don't understand why it tells me this. I bought my Adobe program from Best Buy and its a permanent program, not one that exprires after a certain amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also clicked the "activated devices," button and it says, "no activated devices."  I can't seem to find support for Premiere Elements, or Photoshop, except through the Community Forum, and I think that an actual Adobe employee is the only one that can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gemini, sorry that you have exceeded the number of allowable activations.  As John mentioned, you are currently posting in a public discussion forum. If you need assistance with deactivating the previous installations of Photoshop or Premiere Elements, you will want to begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.  If the chat window fails to open or is non-responsive, you will want to use a different device to contact us.  I don't see any records of you contacting us, so if you did interact with our virtual assistance, you did not get very far in the process; again you may have better success using a different device or at least an alternate web browser.

I did check the account you used to post to this public discussion forum, and both software titles are registered to the account.  You should be able to use the process previously described by John to deactivate your previous installations online.  You can find instructions for this process at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activate-deactivate-products.html#Switchingtoanewcompute...  If you do not see Photoshop or Premiere Elements listed, then please also use a different device to manage the activations or chat with a member of our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. After weeks of trying to find contact information I was finally able to communicate through a chat session and the agent helped me regain access to my Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I couldn't get past the automated system because it kept insisting that I had no registered products. I was finally able to get a live agent and the problem was solved. I just wish it wasn't so hard to contact someone in customer service, but at least it finally got solved. Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines