• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"annual plan, paid monthly" instead of "monthly plan" by mistake; cancelling after commercial use

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed a commercial license for Illustrator for a one-time work project.
A monthly license would have been more than enough enough (I may have paid for a weekly, or even 3-day one if it was available - consider that a suggestion), but I made the mistake of picking "annual plan, paid monthly".

My understanding of the ToS and subscription cancellation terms is that
1)I could cancel before 14 days are up and get a full refund... but that would mean violating the license if I had already done commercial work with the software since I'd effectively have profitted from your software without paying anything. Correct?

2)I could cancel after 14 days, but then I would have to pay for 50% of the leftover cost - so for 5.5 months. There would be no licensis issues, but the expense would be significant - and although the mistake was mine, this seems very harsh. See my next point.

3)What if I cancel before 14 days are up and I get the full refund AND have used the software commercially already BUT I immediately subscribe to a monthly plan to pay having already used your software commercially? (and further use befoere the month is up)

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. incorrect.  that's not a violation of tos

2. incorrect.  you would pay for 6 months.  (there are no fractions of a month.)

3. that's fine but seems unnecessary in your situation (in view of 1.)

just make sure you remember to cancel on time: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be strangely convenient, because it means I am profitting from the software (I already used it commercially) without paying anything  - technically I did pay, BUT by asking to cancel before 14d, I'd get a full refund.

That sounds almost "too good to be true". Still, if no one disagrees with your post in the next days, I will almost certainly cancel my subscription stop worrying about it. Thanks for your answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still within the 14 day cancellation period, end it now while you still can.  Otherwise you will be on the hook for the full 12 months of service.  And cancelling early would result in a 50% termination fee.  Once you're out from under the yearly commitment, you can order a new month-to-month plan at $31/month for however long you need it. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Or I could simply not order a new plan, if I don't need the software anymore - which is what sounded "too good to be true" (=the ability to do commercial work using the trial/full refund period, and keep it after being refund). But thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you have to actively cancel to prevent being charged.  by default (if you do nothing after starting a trial), your subscription commences at the end of the trial period.  ie, once you see the charge applied to your account, you've already started your subscription commitment/contract hence this statement:

just make sure you remember to cancel on time: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines