• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable To Delete Credit Cards On File

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Manage Payment Method interface on your account management website has a major flaw: once entered, credit cards can not be removed.

I don't think I've ever encountered a website before where if I enter a credit card, then enter another card later, and I can't just click "remove" for the card I no longer want on file.

Mind you, this is not me attempting to remove all cards I have on file. I have an active subscription and understand 100% that Adobe needs a card on file to bill things to every month. Most sites would call this a default card and as long as you have one card on file, set as default, you're good.

So, I decided to "contact" Adobe via chat. I just left my browser window open and maybe an hour or so later somebody popped on to "help" me.

The "help", after some back and forth, I got was essentially this: "I can not help you even though I said I could initially. I can only see one card on my end. If you see multiple, those should just disappear sometime". "Disappear sometime"!? When? What is this? I can't control my own payment information and what is retained by Adobe and what isn't? And neither can the Adobe "support staff"?

I have recently had fraudulent activity on my credit card accounts and wanted to limit what card information I have on file with various companies. I was able to do it with everyone except Adobe. It was a matter of simply clicking "remove".

How is this even possible? The monthly fee of $52.99 doesn't come with a way to control my own payment information? And I can't even ask Adobe to control that information?

Wow.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

If you have had fraudulent activity on your card I suggest you contact your CC company and or bank it is associated with and have them issue a new number. So NOT put that new number into the Adobe system and the original card/number will no longer be a problem.

Could also be that as far as adobe is concerned that original number is what is being billed by Adobe. Did you actually select to Change the billed card?

If you have already received a new card/number then I'd stop worrying about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have had fraudulent activity on your card I suggest you contact your CC company and or bank it is associated with and have them issue a new number. So NOT put that new number into the Adobe system and the original card/number will no longer be a problem.

Could also be that as far as adobe is concerned that original number is what is being billed by Adobe. Did you actually select to Change the billed card?

If you have already received a new card/number then I'd stop worrying about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have obviously contacted my credit card companies and all cards with fraudulent activity are currently locked and being reissued as they investigate where the fraud originated from. This isn't really my point though.

re: "Could also be that as far as adobe is concerned that original number is what is being billed by Adobe. Did you actually select to Change the billed card?"

Why would it matter to Adobe what the "original number" was? Surely I should be able to manage my card information at any point. No other company I have subscriptions with or any other transactions with limits this. As long as there's a card that can be billed by them if its a subscription model. But yes: I have 3 cards listed on my Adobe account and the correct one (the one that I want Adobe to charge the monthly fees to) is listed as the first one. And it's a card they've billed before (if that matters to them).

What is baffling to me is this:

I can not get rid of the cards that I do not want listed on my account anymore. Just... why?

Regardless of what the customer service can see on their end... as they claimed... I can sign in to my account right now and see all 3 credit cards listed. All of the card information for all cards is right there in front of me.

If somebody were to hack into my account they would see all of that card information as well. And, as we know, millions of Adobe accounts have been compromised over the years. Based on this past precedent it's actually likely to happen again.

I wanted to limit any potential information exposure going forward to a single card and thus protect myself from potential loss. So if my account gets hacked, I have a single credit card to worry about and dispute fraudulent charges for. Not multiple.

re: "If you have already received a new card/number then I'd stop worrying about it."

"Stop worrying about it" is nice until it happens again. Let's ignore the fact I have new cards being reissued. Let's assume that I just wanted to limit my card information and only have one on file. Just to limit the impact of any fradulent activity that could happen in case my Adobe account gets compromised. Why can't I do this? Why can't the customer service do this for me? Delete the information I don't want on file and they do not need?

I guess it's just my mistake for entering multiple cards over time, not realizing Adobe employs a completely incomprehensible logic of not allowing those cards to be deleted.

With all the user data collection and retention laws recently passed here in California... this seems bizarre to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess one of my options would be to simply delete my Adobe account of 20+ years. But since Adobe -- in light of this credit card experience -- seems to stubbornly retain information I do not want them to retain, and refuses to delete it for me when requested, I must presume they would just keep my old account on file, too, with all of its associated credit card, address, and billing information. And if that is the case, then deleting the old account and creating a new account would not accomplish what I'm seeking to accomplish: to protect myself from further fraud in the future. I guess I will reconsider my commitment and patronage to Adobe for myself and the company I make purchase decisions for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a valid concern and Adobe should not keep credit cards that are inactive for whatever reason.  This is disrespectful to the customer.  In today's world of identity theft and digital fraud, this is an unacceptable practice and the customer/end-user should not have to worry about this sensitive information that can be used in numerous criminal ways.  Please change your corporate policy to allow us "the customer" to control what financial information you have as our default payment method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrible answer "stop worrying about it"!  Let's assume for a moment that one of my cards is a debit card I used temporarily while a new credit card was being sent and in order to protect my bank account (this is what a debit card is, my active checking account) I unlock my card so Adobe can make the charge and I forget to lock it, this now leaves my bank account vulnerable to theft.  The only way to ensure I'm protected once my new credit card comes in is to cancel the debit card and order a new one.  Adobe is the only company I've done business with that does not allow the customer to delete this information........ WHY?    The statement they use the original number to bill makes no sense because that card would reject the billing.  This is a terrible and dangerous practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe!

Here's a link to CCPA, effective as of 1/1/2020, in case you have not read it yet: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?lawCode=CIV&division=3.&title=1.81.5...

Let me quote the relevant part for you:

"1798.105. (a) A consumer shall have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer."

How about you start obeying the law and comply with 1798.105. (a) for your California customers and provide an option to delete the information we want to delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the same exact experience...I've taken screen shots of my conversation. I originally tried deleting info' online and couldn't. I contacted adobe chat rep.. explained my desire to delelte OLD CREDIT CARD INFO. Rep understood that to mean I wanted to cancel my SUBSCRIPTION. I said please READ CAREFULL WHAT I WROTE. 

Rep told me I must do it at ADOBE.COM (Where I started this process and entered the tangled adobe web of misinformation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact thing here just today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im doing the same to CT AG Office

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See here to delete your account: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/delete-adobe-account.html

To change your creative cloud payment option, look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/update-billing-information.html

For all other requests, contact Adobe customer care: Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. Pop-up blockers need to be disabled! If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.
Support phone numbers may be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Please note that phone charges may apply.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In an increasingly insecure world where data breaches happen to even the best companies, it is IRRESPONSIBLE for Adobe to not allow me to delete a payment method from my account. The fact that they have such disregard for longtime subscribers and decades-old software users and choose hold our data hostage in this way means that UNTIL this CHANGES, I will encourage folks to find other solutions. Sad but true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same experiance today , took me all morning to get them to budge , not only is Adobe unethecal but possibly ileagel ? they suck i just rashed all my adobe acounts .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines