• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong Email address to log into Creative Cloud Desktop, How do i switch to my email address?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong Email address to log into Creative Cloud Desktop, How do i switch to my email address?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Hi Hendy20,

If you are not able to proceed to the sign out step trough the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager, please follow the steps below then :

Delete the OPM.db file :

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

3. Delete the opm.db file.
  4. Launch Creative Cloud.

If you are not able to find that file, please check the following link, that may be because your library is hidden.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 and we still facing the same problem. adobe should make a button to sign out instead of just check again and resend email verification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I had an issue deleting the opm.db file once locating it, as a pop up box kept coming up stating that the file was open in creative cloud (even though the app was closed).

To solve this I went into task manager (right click on task bar), and ended all background adobe tasks (right click on selected tasks and select end task).

After doing this, I reopened creative cloud and the issue was solved. I could now log in to any email I choosed.

This was a very simple method, and was quicker to do this than locate the opm.db file.

Thanks and I hope this helps anyone else struggling with this issue, as I know it can be very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me how to do this on my windows 10 pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for us was to quit Creative Cloud Desktop, then sign into the adobe.com web site with the newly created account (the one with the wrong email address) and use the "End All Sessions" function.  When we opened Creative Cloud Desktop again, it gave us an error message and the option to sign into a different account.

From the sign-in page, select Manage Account.  Under Common Tasks, select Update Profile.  On the left hand menu, select Active Sessions.  Click End All Sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!

I'm greatful!
I was a little bothered when there was one session I couldn't end,

but when I logged in on CC the next time I could use the account I wanted!

/Bjorn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. I incorrectly signed in and now I can't change my email. I am being asking me to verify my email address but its not an email address that i use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working for me. I erased document however it's actually requesting that I check an email address that I would prefer not to sign into Adobe Creative Cloud with. How would I alter the email address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to uninstall the adobe programming from my PC however when I made an adobe account I utilized a wrong email , I didn't understand until I had a go at uninstalling the product this was not my right email currently every time I attempt and uninstall it thinks of confirm email which I can't get to. any help you could give would be valued

Respects

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For everybody having this issue, I wound up erasing the Creative Cloud off my PC, doing the above advances (looking into nearby information envelope and erasing that OOBE document, and afterward reinstalling Creative Cloud. It turned out only great after that!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines