• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with a perpetual CS6 licence and CC subscription on the same Adobe ID

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago I bought CS6 as a perpetual licence for a Windows laptop. Later I subscribed to CC after buying an iMac and (foolishly?) followed Adobe's website advice to use the same ID for all purchases and subscriptions. This weekend I tried to use Encore on the Windows PC and got an error message "cannot run in non-royalty serialised mode" followed by a request for my serial/key. I thought I would solve this by hunting down my product key number, but entering this did not help. It at first warned me that I had to log in to Adobe within 7 days, but doing this only led to the non-royalty error message recurring. I think at one stage I did have The Creative Cloud app and After Effects CC on this machine (because of the Maxon 3D lite feature), and suspect that my licence is being ignored and I am being treated as though I was only a CC subscriber?

Anyone know what I should do? Was using the same Adobe ID for a purchased licence and a subscription a mistake, and is there anything I can do about it now? I read something on the internet about uninstalling and reinstalling Encore, but apparently it is no longer available to download from Adobe. Perhaps I can reinstall from the original discs, but presumably I will then lose all the templates I had downloaded? Grateful for any advice.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

ADDED - if you plan to keep using CS6 (or earlier) you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines