• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 New Acrobat GUI is TERRIBLE

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new acrobat GUI is terrible. That floating quick access bar is in the way and cannot be moved...WHY? 

Just leave it alone. I had to go back to the original using the file menu.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Hi @michaelm17591477 

We believe you are talking in interest of Quick toolbar which is sticky in nature.

We are glad to announce that we have taken up this feedback and will be shipping Quick toolbar as draggable bar in upcoming update of Acrobat.

Regards,

Bhawna.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

You can revert to the classic GUI interface by following the instructions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-interface/m-p/14052807#M426838 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Hi @basset horn 

Hope you are doing well. This issue is addressed with the latest version of Acrobat (23.06.20320). Please update the application from the help menu> Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michaelm17591477 

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Your feedback is valuable to us; please fill out this feature request form to share your suggestions with our engineering team: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html 

To learn more about Modern Viewer, please refer to this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/new-acrobat-experience.html 

Note: to disable the classic view-

• Click on the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.
  • Click on Disable New Acrobat

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not that people want a minor accomodation to "solve" the new GUI. The overwhelming response to this change has been negative, because it is not helpful. It creates unnecessary need to adapt. Why unnecessary? Because the new setup is worse than the old one. Public relations spin is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be here all day if I was going to list all the problems with it - and that's just from a very very limited attempt at using it.  Here's a couple of the main issues:  I have tons of custom menu items for automation.  All gone now because there is no File menu so all menu items under the File parent triggers errors on startup.  I also had tons of custom toolbar add-ons.  Now they all look the same, like pink lego blocks.  So these are totally useless.  Prepare a form mode defaults to keep tool selected with not way to turn it off.  That's enough for me to give up on the new "experience".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone!

And yet Adobe calls the new GUI the "Modern Interface."

Gah! No! <grin>

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear, hear. The current Acrobat was/is perfect - just leave it alone in its perfection, please? Or at least please do not remove the "disable new experience" option, so we can continue to do our jobs. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is horrible.  It has created nothing but problems in my office.  Very user unfriendly and very glitchy.  Who thought this was a good idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAme! I was about to post about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell the Acrobat engineers and marketing department to ditch this new "Modern" Acrobat interface. It doesn't work.

VOTE HERE: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Acrobat should have given the user an option of using the new or old interface (upon starting after the update) -- or, at very least, present the user a dialog box on how to disable the new interface.

I assume someone must have liked the new interface during testing. 😁

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume someone must have liked the new interface during testing. 😁

By @Dave Creamer of IDEAS

None of us in the best testing group.

Came out about a 1+ year ago in beta and I still can't figure out the icons, where's the one I want, which one represents the function I need to do.

It truly violates many strong principles of gui interface design. I wonder what credentials the project lead has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always felt the Acrobat programing group lives in a bubble of self-confirmation. I remember the interface changes from v9-to-v10, v11-to-DC, and now the latest change. I don't remember any changes that actually improved my workflow--more like I got used to the update. It always seems to be an interface change, leaving much of the underlying dialog boxes and features the same (albeit sometimes improved). 

Adobe givith and Adobe takith away. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always felt the Acrobat programing group lives in a bubble of self-confirmation.

By @Dave Creamer of IDEAS

Like other major software companies, Adobe's programming team are just code-jockeys (term of endearment!), not GUI designers or marketing experts.

And as with most software companies, the marketing team tells the programmers what to create. So fixing bugs and expanding existing tools don't usually get on the drawing board because it's difficult for marketing to sell the product with sales pitches like "New! Improved! We Fixed a Bug!"  And the programming team definitely are not experts in our world of graphic design, printing/prepress, document creation, web/digital media, publishing, etc.

Adobe also has a special team to work on interface design. It's been a few years since I last worked with them, but I was not impressed with their knowledge of the software programs and how their customers used the programs. The team appeared to be recent college graduates with little real-life experience in the professional and business worlds.

20-30 years ago when these programs were first being built, we worked with the programmers and Adobe founders who WERE industry experts. Sure didn't have to tell them the difference between RGB, CMYK, LAB, PANTONE colors because they helped define and refine those technical specifications.

I know things won't be like they were before. But I wish Adobe had done more real-world market research of how users use their software and what they need to do their jobs faster, easier, better.

And I don't have any idea why Adobe decided to change the user interface at all, let alone to create this chaotic mess of useless grey icons. It doesn't even look good or cool or "modern", ya know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michaelm17591477 

We believe you are talking in interest of Quick toolbar which is sticky in nature.

We are glad to announce that we have taken up this feedback and will be shipping Quick toolbar as draggable bar in upcoming update of Acrobat.

Regards,

Bhawna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to have an option to hide it, because I don't use it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I click close I open a new pdf it comes back this is annoying! Put an option for it to at least stay as hidden as possible on the side!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dragging a useless 'Quick toolbar" around that you can't park at the top of the ribbon - OUT OF THE WAY that takes up too much real estate - is futile, stupid and frickin MORONIC.  Useabily should have been the first design consideration, not "Let's change it for Change's sake" which Adobe apparently did and now will lose face because they fracked up a good thing. Maybe when the Adobe stock falls and you all get laid off, you'll admit the 'New Acrobat' sucks and change it back the way it was.

NO!  I do NOT WANT to use the 'New Acrobat'  buggy interface when I can't find a fricking thing or move the useless 'tools' out of the way.  You also need to STOP SPAMMING ME with "try the new FRACKED UP ACROBAT" popups.  NO must mean NO, even in 2024!  A year later, I have the same complaint because when I re-install Acrobat because Adobe's BUGGY security patches and the damn thing crashes, it installs the FRACKED UP NEW ACROBAT. HATE New Acrobat.  HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE it!!!!! EaseUS  PDF Editor is looking more and more attractive in useability and price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also hate the new Adobe GUI. It is terrible and has significantly impacted my productivity. It is maddening and I dredge using it.

They have crippled what was a great program. I really wish I could go back to version XI on Windows 11.

PROPRIETARY INFORMATION NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for use by the addressee, may contain proprietary information of Mirion Technologies and/or its affiliates, and is subject to all applicable export controls. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, delete the original message and all attachments from your computer, and destroy any copies you may have made. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The sad truth is Acrobat is no longer for skilled designers; it's 100%
focused on office users, and the UI is dumbed down for that market.

Glenn Wilton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So imagine you are on an important zoom call with clients and sharing your screen and you open a PDF and all of a sudden, with no warning, your entire user interface is foreign and you can't figure out what to do and you have an audience watching you flounder. I should sue for emotional distress.  Don't change the user interface and certainly don't automatically change it without warning. There should be a pop-up like "hey there's a new acrobat do you want to give it a try? is now a good time, or are we ruining your da@m career?

Imagine if I snuck into the hospital late at night and rearranged all the equipment in the emergency room and didn't tell anyone. these are our tools don't move our tools without permission!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta vote here to get Adobe's attention: and tell them what you don't like, too.

VOTE HERE: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the classic GUI interface by following the instructions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-in... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absolutely horrible.  It's as though people were looking for job security and decided to change the entire experience without any VOC.  Is there any way to revert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I just found out how - thanks YouTube!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the post by @Bevi Chagnon - PubCom.com on Aug. 24th not give you the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines