• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC extremely slow going into full screen mode.

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I go into "Full Screen Mode" in Acrobat Pro DC, the document takes forever to load with a very slow fade that debilitates my computer. I've tried adjusting settings and it happens with all kinds of PDFs, even really small file sizes. My 2016 Macbook Pro is connected to a thunderbolt display.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmist

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is slow when going to full screen mode.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20058 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check if that works for you.

Also, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable te root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever fix this issue? I am encountering the same with Adober Reader and Acrobat DC on a MacBook Pro Retina Mid-2012. My newer 2020 MacBook Pro is working fine.

I am on the latest versions and deleting the preferences files did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out that the issue goes away on my Mid-2012 Retina MacBook Pro, if I switch the screen resolution to the standard one. If I use scaling to 1680x1050 or like I normally do, the issue is still there.

@Amal. : why not just provide a setting that gets rid of the stupid fade out animation when going to full screen? Or just remove that animation all together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Spent over 4 hours uninstalling, installing, removing preferences. Then the customer service rep tells me on his Window machine it’s running fine. Refuses to believe there is a bug on Mac. Kills the call and doesn’t file a bug report. You think Adobe Acrobat would get an engineer on this? Didn’t Adobe develop Acrobat? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Is this a behavior only in full screen mode or otherwise as well?

Would you mind sharing the version of the Mac OS and Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also please share a small video recording of the steps and the issue you are experiencing.

Please go to Adobe Acrobat > Preferences > Page Display , under rendering Uncheck , 'Use page Cache' > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Also  go to Adobe Acrobat > Preferences > Full Screen > Select 'Current Document only' and 'Fill Screen with one page at a time' and make sure there  is no screen transitions > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of iOS 15.1 and Acrobat DC. The full screen mode
take me about 1 second to cycle, I don’t have any transitions or complex
files. Happens on all files that go to full screen. This is a bug, I’ve
tried everything at it’s been going on since iOS 14. I’ve updated and
installed new, blown out preferences etc. I’ve been talking to Adobe but
you somehow don’t think it’s a bug. I’m telling you that it’s a bug on the
desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue you are experiencing so that we can check it at our end.

Also, what is the verison of the OS on desktop you are using?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered this same issue on my MacBook M1 Pro since day one, and it's maddenning. The transition literally requires six seconds to complete! And yet full screen mode is the only way to effectively interact with PDF in Acrobat, given how horribly, horribly cluttered the app's interface has become over the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue you are experiencing so that we can check it at our end.

Also, make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20085 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also, try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat. This issue only happens on my MacBook M1 Pro (2021), not on my iMac Pro (2017).

And yes, Carly Simon's "Anticipation" seemed like an appropriate bit of background music to demonstrate how maddeningly frustrating it is to wait, multiple times each day, 6+ seconds each time you simply want to toggle full-screen mode on or off, just to read a document without all the clutter of toolbars and side panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried this same recommendation, given earlier on this page, without success. That's why I went to the bother of posting the video, in hopes an actual solution might be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same issue on my macbook pro with M1 pro cpu. The version of my Acrobat Reader DC is 2022.002.20212. This is very depressing and I hope Adobe can fix this bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should fix this for users. It's a bug! The blowing out preferences, uninstalling, reinstalling isn't a solution, nor it it working for anyone in this thread. @amal if you are serious about fixing this, create a ticket and get an engineer to fix this bug on the Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DVH_1 

We are sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and sharing them via the document cloud link https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Also please share the version of the Acrobat DC Application and the Mac OS you are using.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amal. 

Do you have a Mac? If you do, would you mind testing this issue on your Mac, and tell me what happens? If you do not have a Mac, what does it help if I send you the logs?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @xiaowenh88527342 

I do not have Mac to test the issue on my end. I have requested the log files so that I can pass it on to our engineering team to further look into it and get the issue fixed at the earliest.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same issue. SO frustrating! It locks up my mac every time I open in full screen mode. This has been happening the past few months but never used to happen. What's changed Adobe? Please fix.

(I'm running: Adobe Acrobat version 2023.001.20143 on an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 Processor 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core 17)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck having Adobe solve this! This is a bug that Adobe refuses to address and asks the customer the same standard horse manure response that it's the user's machine. Clearing out the cache, profile and reinstalling will not solve the bug. Presentation mode is buggy and it's a problem that I first noticed over 3 years ago. The best you can hope for is a small delay flipping pages in presentation mode. Not nearly as fast as in the standard page view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, is there any solution? It's so frustating. I try with my two mac, with the same OS and same Acrobat Pro or Acrobat DC version updated, Macbook Pro Retina 2015 it work fine and Mac Pro 2012 is a nightmare. Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fernando27480265mwpe 

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version, go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.03.20269 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on different machines (all Macs) with multiple versions of Acrobat.

It's an old bug that seems to get triggered (or is at least more likely to get triggered) by using an external display or unusual resolutions.

My Acrobat Pro is on Version 2023.006.20320.

I'm using a MacBook Pro 16" 2019 (2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4) running MacOS 13.5.2 (22G91) and a LG 28MQ780 (SDQHD 2560x2880) 16:18 display.

All of this does not matter, as I encountered this problem on many different machines running different versions.

And if Amal. is still watching this thread: no I won't reinstall or reboot or do as any of those copy+paste answers request. It's a bug, which existed for years. Please let the engineer fix it. There must be at least one engineer, who uses a Mac at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting Adobe to consider that this is a bug is painful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines