Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat and Reader September Update 2021.007.20091 Botched

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

(I originally posted as a reply to this post, but the forum is messed up so it's not allowing me to post any of my updates - Adobe Acrobat September 14 Update - 2021.007.20091... - Adobe Support Community - 12383087)

The issue is that after applying the 2021.007.20091 updates for Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Reader DC each time you attempt to launch the application from the shortcuts (Start Menu, or Desktop) the application performs an install/configuration before it launches. If you open a .PDF file directly it will open in Acrobat or Reader without performing the install. 

Adobe1.png

Adobe2.png

Adobe3.png

The application shortcuts are correctly pointing to the target application:

Adobe4.png

I have attempted to re-package this update with the BASE Acrobat and Reader installer files, using the latest Adobe Customization wizard that was released in September, and the issue still persists (I suspected the issue was due to applying the update over a previous customized install, but this is not the case).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Hey everyone,

Adobe has now released an update that resolves this issues:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-update-is-live/td-p/12412471

Regards,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Thank you for the confirmation.

Please refer to the following page for more information about the latest optional patch and issues resolved in this patch: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-update-is-live/td-p/12412471. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

This issue has already been escalated and reported to engineering team. We'll keep you posted as soon as fix is available.

We appreciate your patience. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Team,

When will a fix be available for this bug in the 2021.007.20091 releases of reader and acrobat?

I see Chris has reported an update was given to him, but it is desperately needed for everyone else.

Adobe really needs a rollback update feature for these types of problems. Software updates on its own and there is no way to get back to when it was working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our staff recently installed the Sept 2021 patch to fix the pdf figure alt text issue.  Now all figure tags are being placed inside a P tag.  Although this is not semantically incorrect, it does make it more difficult for reviewers.  Any chance you'll go back to placement of the figure tag as inline like it used to be?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issue here on two Windows 8.1, 64-bit machines - but running Adobe Reader 32-bit on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in my case Acrobat and Reader are both 32-bit versions running on 64-bit OS.

We do not use 64-bit Acrobat or Reader in our environment so I have not tested these cases.

Hopefully Adobe will have an updated patch that fixes this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also have noted that the repeated install/configuration upon launch issue also manifests itself when opening an Adobe .PDX index file.   (This operation worked perfectly in previous Reader versions.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

https://scottsdaleroofer.net/roof-repair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a problem with opening Reader from the icon or a pdf directly, but I do get the same issue as you when I attempt to open a FDF file which in turn opens the corresponding PDF with the FDF data.  I have seen this problem on several computers in my office and on additional computers at our customer locations, all running this same updated version of DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Team,

We are running Version 2021.007.20091 and experiencing the same issue. As of now is only a couple of users, however our agency have many more users and I am affraid we are all going to come to a halt and unable to work.

Your prompt action would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI for everyone who is experiencing this issue:

I have been working with an Adobe Engineer who has provided me with an incremental update to verify that it resolves the issue;  the new patch does indeed fix the issue.

They are now working on finalizing testing the patches and will also provide a cumulative patch that can be installed over older versions as well. I wasn't provided with any concrete timelines but I'm sure they're working as quickly as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Adobe has now released an update that resolves this issues:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with opening from Adobe .PDX index files appears to be fixed also.   Thanks to all who contibuted to the fix efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation.

Please refer to the following page for more information about the latest optional patch and issues resolved in this patch: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines