Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe gives an error at random in Citrix environment

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We host a Citrix environment for several different customers, all of whom are currently using Acrobat reader DC version 2019.008.20081.

For one of these customers an error occurs at random, there is a pop-up saying "acrobat reader dc acrobat has encountered a problem. some features may not work as expected".

This occurs at random files and on random moments, most of the time they do not encounter the error. (The files that cause the error don't cause this every time, or even more than once. There also seems to be no connection between the times at which the error occurs or the users for whom it occurs)

I found a previous post where the same error message displayed, however there was no fix or cause mentioned (https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/problem-with-e-mail-function-in-adobe-read...)

A google search led to the answer that there may be a problem stating there may be an issue starting the AcroCEF or RdrCEF process, however as the issue only occurs at random intervals and it only occurs for one customer it sounds unlikely that the process is the issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have exactly the same problem in my environment that also run Citrix . and i try to find a fix for it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

may i add that this run on server 2012 R2 with adobe version; 2022.003.20314

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines