• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe not scanning multiple pages/Scan Options grayed out

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, version 22.001.20169.0   My operating system is MS Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.  My system type is x64-based PC.

I have a couple of issues.  (1) I am unable to scan multiple pages into one document; only the first page actually scans and show up in Acrobat.  The other pages are pulled through the scanner, but there is no output.

(2)  When using the scan many of the options are grayed out.  I am unable to change the “color mode, resolution, and paper size”. 

How can these issues be resolved?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Thanks.

I updated my scanner drivers and now everything seems to be working fine.  It appears that I needed the TWAIN scanner drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two dynamics when working with computers: getting the job done the way it's supposed to work and getting the job done.

I'm on a Mac, and I've seen this issue for years. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be solved. I do not work for Adobe, so I cannot say what the issue is nor why there are issues solving it. 

What I recommend for you to "get the job done" is to do the following

1) use the software that came with your scanner.

2) scan the stack of papers and have them saved as TIF* documents in a convenient location.

3) Once the scan is complete, select them all and either (A) drag them onto the Acrobat icon in your app bar or (B) open File (menu) -> Create -> Combine Files into a Single PDF.

2022-07-16_08-21-31.png

Note: dragging the files onto the icon on the Mac Dock works; I'm not entirely sure how this works on a PC. If it doesn't work, do "B." If you do "B" when you select that option, all you have to do is to select the folder and sit back. It will convert the images into a PDF and OCR them.

* If you save the files into other formats (e.g., jpg or png), Acrobat will not automatically OCR them. However, if you save them in TIF format, it will.

I have experience (with FujiSCAN) that multi-sheet feeder software can convert them into PDF, but their OCR is not very good, and the file sizes are very large. However, you can take the final PDF from their software and run them through Acrobat for much better results. I suggest you test to make sure before you commit to a long process.

Speaking of long processes, Acrobat does not play nicely with other applications. Acrobat will prevent you from doing anything else during the OCR process, even reading emails. After each page is processed, it will jump in front of what you're doing and let you know a page was completed. For very lengthy documents, I found it best to have lunch breaks, coffee breaks, whatever.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I updated my scanner drivers and now everything seems to be working fine.  It appears that I needed the TWAIN scanner drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ella,

Great, I'm delighted you found a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines