• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Icon wont show on Mac Outlook since Updating to Ventura

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my Mac to OS Ventura, the Adobe icon is gone in both Microsoft Outlook & One Drive. I contacted apple and they suggested a handful of things, uninstalling the adobe and reinstalling, creating a new mac profile, reinstalling the OS system and booting the computer in safe mode. Ive done all these things and the issues is not resolved. The icon is a general icon when it should show a adobe acrobat logo next to it. Does Adobe or Microsoft have to issue an update to their apps to resolve this? As you can see in the photos, theyre fine in the finder  but not displaying logos in outlook and onedriveScreenshot 2022-10-27 at 2.21.13 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-27 at 2.21.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-27 at 2.21.56 PM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The common theme between the applicatiosn that got broken in the update is that they are from Microsoft, so I would assume that it's up to Microsoft to fix this problem. In your 2nd screenshot you show that the operating system is showing the correct icon, that means that both the OS and Adobe are doing their part to make the icon available and for whatever reason, Microsoft is not picking it up correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same email pdf attachement missing pdf icon,

After testing I believe it is not a Microsoft Problem ! Because the same issue is happening on apple mail !

I think it is between Adobe and the New MAC update Ventura !

Please find bellow a screen shot of apple mail with the same pdf attachement issue

RaoufBELIMANE_1-1667847968352.png

Thank you

Raouf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Apple mail could show previews without using Acrobat, without it even being installed. Sounds more as if Apple have decided to remove the feature from their system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im so annoyed same thing has happened to me and hours on the phone later apple support had no idea how to assist and wanted to blame microsoft and 3rd party app .. okay so why cant you help me fix the problem so that I can use apple mail seeing I cant have PDF's available to view as attachements in there too! its clearly a problem they have created and dont know how to fix and now bad luck for the user who cant work as a result..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This seems to be a problem with many document icons in Ventura. Not just in mail, but also other apps, and in the Dock. Because affects all sorts of icons the finger points to Apple. Here is a detailed discussion https://github.com/aonez/Keka/issues/1177#issuecomment-1310021873

I suspect the PDF icon previews never had anything to do with Adobe, since they would appear even if you never installed Acrobat. They probably used the built-in PDF viewing technology also used by Apple Preview, and available to any app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines