• 한국 커뮤니티
    Comunidad dedicada para hablantes de coreano
Salir

Adobe PDF / Scroll bars still missing

Explorador ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copiar vínculo al Portapapeles

Copiado

I've looked at all the posts and their answers. It's very frustrating. I've done all the suggestions. Still no scrollbar. If I adjust the page size manually -- pull it in or out -- the bars appear for a few seconds then disappear. I can't grab them.

I cannot scroll up/down or side to side. Mac Ventura. Acrobat Pro version 2023.006.20320

Any other ideas or will there be an update to fix?

TEMAS
Procedimiento , PDF

Vistas

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Directrices de la comunidad
Sé amable y respetuoso, muestra títulos de crédito de la fuente de contenido original y busca duplicados antes de publicar. Más información
community guidelines

correct answers 3 respuestas correctas

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Finaly fixed in the latest February update!

There is a new Preference under Page Display: Always show Scroll bars!

And also set the preference to Enable scrolling under Page Display, Page Layout, and the we are finally(!) good to go!

IMG_3454.png

Votos

Traducir

Traducir
Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Votos

Traducir

Traducir
Community Expert , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Afb1.pngafb2.png

Votos

Traducir

Traducir
Principiante de comunidad ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copiado

I'm starting to wonder if the fact that there are "5 correct answers" to the original post, that Adobe is flat out ignoring it now. Maybe it needs a new thread?

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
Sé amable y respetuoso, muestra títulos de crédito de la fuente de contenido original y busca duplicados antes de publicar. Más información
community guidelines
Aficionado ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copiado

Acrobat 2023.008.20470 Mac OS 12.7.2

Still missing. I can only scroll with my mouse from top to bottom. When I do that I see the Scroll bar. But I don't see the Left-Right scroll bar and can only move it with the Hand tool when pressing the space bar but I'm unable to do so when I'm in comment mode because this keyboard shorcut will not work under this mode. When I dod that I can see it for a second, then it's disappear.

In short, Will you ever fix it?

Thank you,

Shlomit

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copiado

FEBRUARY 2024.. SCROLL BARS STILL MISSING from Adobe fonts.. and of course this includes REMOVED FONTS (why they do this is also absolutely beyond me.. except they hate their users?).. As usual bugs never fixed. . I have complied a long long list.. some 10, 15 years old. Never fixed.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copiado

Is no one exhausted siphoning through all this vomit? When Adobe designs a car, are they going to ignore the steering wheel because they thinks it's too round for us? Everyone is being too nice. Fix the issue and stick it in the cloud, done. Adobe is over-designing, over-thinking, NSView to NSScrollView blah blah. Stop worrying about 'our space' or 'screen real estate', that's why we buy wide monitors now. Just give us back the scroll bar.

There should be no 'tricky workaround'

There should be no 'tweaking' of anything
There should be no 'downgrading'

There should be no 'terminal commands'

There should be no 'plist'
There should be no downloading of 3rd party apps

Jeeeeez people

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Participante ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copiado

I have seriously f-ed up jobs because of this change. When I see no scroll bar, I assume I'm looking at a one-page document. I've had to re-do things because of the lack of a scroll bar, and apologized to clients.

The rationale Adobe provides is ridiculous. InDesign (in their alleged "suite" of applications that barely resemble each other) STILL has the right scroll bars. Out of compliance with Apple standards? Photoshop has scroll bars. So Apple decides that we all have a scrolling mouse? Are they going to mail us all one as part of our Creative Cloud subscription?

Just please make scroll bars a preference, so I can dig through the 36 Acrobat preferences screens and somewhere find "scroll bars always on". 

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copiado

My scroll bars are also still missing and I have disabed the new Acrobat. I rolled back to an older version whicj worked for awhile, until Adobe in it's widsom "upgraded" me again. Adobe engineers, do you even use the products you develop? I highly doubt it. Simple navigation is awkward and time consuming. Plus you never listen to your customers.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

When using an earlier version with the scroll bars, you should be seeing a dialogue box with "Cancel" and "Update" that will simply keep coming up when you close a file. It is annoying, but clicking "Cancel" lets you stay with the older version. It is, I assure you, not nearly as frustrating and annoying as trying to work in the new versions.

I saw a recent upgrade note that claimed Adobe had made changes, including following user requests. As I do not have the time to go through all the processes, forth and back, yet again, has anyone seen whether this includes returning usable scroll bars...?

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,

Copiado

Unfortunately, no scroll bars yet.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

Adobe engineers do not use Adobe products the way Adobe customers do. And most of the engineers are temps, with no interest in the company, let alone customers.

Adobe spends more on its marketing budget. I see the the Adobe Acrobat Instagram posts, and they are mostly peurile meanderings such as "When you realize it's only Tuesday" (photo of person snoozing at their desk) and focused on shallow PR aimed at  "makers and doers," etc. See attached for actual screenshots of Adobe posts.

Acobat has been janky for years and will continue to be. I will continue to have to use Acrobat Pro 2020. It could be an amazing product. It has a lot of great features. If only Adobe didn't undermine its own products.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,

Copiado

I think we have to take this to social media. Any experts have advice on how to best do this effectively?

Sent from my iPhone

Impact Productions Group, LLC Confidentiality Notice:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to whom they are addressed. If you are not a named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this Email. Please notify the sender immediately by Email if you have received this Email by mistake and delete this Email from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

You can disable automatic updates!   In Acrobat 2020, go to Preferences > Updater  (very last item in the very long list...). Un-check 'Automatically install updates'.  Also, if you are using Creative Cloud, go to the Apps tab, click the 3-dot button beside Installed Apps in the upper right corner of the window, and select Manage Updates (if the menu shows Enable Updates, don't do anything).  In the  Apps tab of the dialog box, turn off the 'Auto-update'  slider button, then click Done.  Voila, your beloved scroll bars are safe!

Adobe, it is absolute lunacy that we have to do this. PLEASE return the ability to have permanent scrollbars, ideally as a default. I don't know anyone who uses Acrobat professionally and is happy with this UI limitation.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

On a Mac, the only place I could find similar in the CC app is under the blue circle at the top right with one's name when it is clicked open. Going to "Preferences" gives the option turn turn off ALL updates, but it does not show Acrobat Pro in the list of options. Trying turning them all off now. Thanks for that option.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copiado

Well, that didn't work. I still get the messages to Update Acrobat almost every time I close a window. Sorry all...

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copiado

I did find the thumbnails view has a scroll bar.  Wow, now I have to use screen space for the thumbnail view.

Better than nothing.  (Maybe)  I have hundreds of pages in a plan set.  I'd get carpal tunnel if I had to page down that many times.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copiado

I was on the phone with Adobe on/off for 3 days last week regarding the missing scroll bars. They kept escalating to another expert. I had to go back to Adobe Acrobat Reader 2020 version to get my scroll bar back. It's working fine. The last rep stayed on the phone with me the entire time to make sure it worked.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

Yes, they are good once you find the right person. Did that last person give you any idea whether bringing the scroll bars back is a possibility, or did they say they are simply never coming back...? And did they tell you whether there is a way (other than all those attempted above) to turn off the Update alert that comes up each time you are working on a file in the 2020 version of Reader or Acrobat Pro...?

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,

Copiado

I thought I read in one of the responses that they were working on it and
hoping to get the bars back at some point. Sorry, I didn't ask any of the
questions.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copiado

Finaly fixed in the latest February update!

There is a new Preference under Page Display: Always show Scroll bars!

And also set the preference to Enable scrolling under Page Display, Page Layout, and the we are finally(!) good to go!

IMG_3454.png

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

Hallelujah!!!!

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

Fantastic news! Thank you very much! After months withs hundreds of complaints Adobe finally made it!

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Explorador ,

Copiado

Hi @Frans v.d. Geest 

Which version of Acrobat do you use? I have 2023.008.20555 and although I have the option to "Always show scroll bars" in preferences, it does NOT display scroll bars in the "Fit one full page" view. I still have to use Acrobat 2020.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

This is the best news. This will save so much time. I was considering using a different package. Having no scroll bars was so disruptive. Thank you for fixing them, Adobe. Please don't take them away again. They are so fundamental.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines

Copiado

OMG, Acrobat finally functional!

Only 5 months since the original complaints, what was Adobe thinking?

Thanks for posting about update.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines
Nuevo aquí ,

Copiado

Well, almost functional. Anybody else noticed that in the latest version of Acrobat, you no longer have any control over the background color of the window (not the document, but the color that the document is displayed against)? It's either a gray so light as to disappear, or a dark "theme." Another step backward.

Votos

Traducir

Traducir

Informe

Informe
community guidelines