• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDFMaker not working for files in OneDrive

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the "An unexpected error occured. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF" error when I try to use the "Convert to Adobe PDF" option in the file explorer (I'm using Windows 10). This is a new issue for me - I've tried installing and reinstalling the Office add-in and the problem persists.

After trying about a dozen different things, I discovered that the issue is simply that it doesn't work when the file is in OneDrive. It works when it's on my Desktop or in a Dropbox folder, but not OneDrive. While of course this means I now have a workaround that is fairly painless, I'd still like to understand how to fix the issue and where it came from.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Renomeeko,

Thank you for reaching out. As described above,  Adobe PDF Maker not working for files in OneDrive, correct?

As stated this is the issue only with the files on OneDrive, please try to add the file and folder paths to the Adobe Acrobat/Reader.

• Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Add File and Add Folder Path > Click OK 
  • Restart the application and check.

Also, for the testing purpose please try to turn off the protected view. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Turn Off the protected view and Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK and restart the application and check.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing, irrespective of the result 

If it works for you after turning off the security, please use the suggestions provided in the help article- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/protected-mode-troubleshooting-reader.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both exactly as described above, and neither worked - I still get the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

We tried to reproduce the issue at our end and we are able to create the PDF from OneDrive.

As the issue is only with OneDrive and its working fine on desktop, we need to understand, are you on a shared network? If yes, please check the network settings and group policy with the IT at your end.

If possible, please try to remove the OneDrive and try installing it again.
Note: Please back up all the data from OneDrive before removing it.

Let us know if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue exists specifically for files located in OneDrive and in environments that are using OneDrive Known Folder Redirection or Folder Backup. So for example if you open a word document, located in C:\Users\%YourUserName%\OneDrive - % % \Desktop and try to create the PDF you will get an invalid file name or path error. Windows 11 & OneDrive for business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please go through the help pages listed below and see if that works for you:

https://www.adobe.com/documentcloud/integrations/microsoft-onedrive.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/office365-using-sharepoint-onedrive.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that does not help. Open a word document that is stored inside of a folder that is within OneDrive. Click on the created Adobe PDF Office Add in and the error will be thrown.The is not about the integration of OneDrive and Sharepoint. This is the Office Plug in that is a com for word, excel etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to reproduce this error over and over. If the file is located at any location other than the local X:\%Username%\OneDrive - xx\   path,  the creation of the PDF works without any problem at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - Win11 - Acrobat Standard DC - Office 365 aps for Business.  The PDFmake plugin does NOT work for one drive sync'd desktop - but DOES work for any other folder on the C drive. Very frustrating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JAMES98A6 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Waiting for your reply..

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After years of faultless adding .docx files on-the-fly into my PDF binder, it all suddenly stopped working a few weeks ago. I confirm that a .docx file saved onto my desktop will import, but not one stored in my (local) OneDrive folder. I am going nuts trying to figure out what has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines