Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Rename a Submitted PDF for return

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am in the process of creating a fillable form in Acrobat and require some advice. I have 2 questions.

As we will be receivinga round 200 of these back each day would it be possible to receive the PDF form back renamed as to what the customer has entered in both the Account Name or Account Code: Field and also the Your Order Ref: Field - so as the PDF it would be return named as Keith - K123.pdf

Also, if you look at the row I have marked with crosses would it be possible to disable the dropdown icons so nothing could be changed by error once returned.

I would really appreciate any advice or help on this.

Regards

Keith Reilly

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keithr99387369,

Thank you for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing more information on how you will send the forms?

I am afraid that it is not possible to change the file name automatically. However, we need more details about the workflow you are looking for.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm if the form is stored online?

If you are sending the form to specific customers, you can use the tracking feature. Can you also describe how you are receiving the form back?

Otherwise, depending on how you receive the form, I would consider investigating:

• adding a submit button, some scripting might allow you to force a save as using the fields, before attaching the form in an email for example
  • Using a Windows (unless you are using Apple OS) power Automate workflow (or equivalent in SharePoint) that extract the attachment and maybe tag it or rename it

The easiest way to lock a form is to ask the customer to sign it before it is sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The submit button will automatically send it back to our orders email. What I need is that the Account Name field and also Your Order Ref Field becoming the name of the returned PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The submit button will automatically send it back to our orders email. What I need is that the Account Name field and also Your Order Ref Field becoming the name of the returned PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To do that you need to install a script on the local computer of each user, OR you can use a script to prompt the user to manually save the file (you can even create a prompt that shows them the desired file-name), and denies submitting it back unless it has the correct name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines