• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't paste text into PDF text field through Prepare Form in Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For work, I sometimes have to create fillable form fields in PDFs, which I create using the Prepare Form tool and "add a text field" option. I usually have to paste a large amount of script into the calculation field, which I copy from a Word document. I have never had an issue with this before now. However, suddenly I can no longer paste any text into any of the tabs within the text field properties box (see photo below, I cannot paste into the name, tooltip, or any field on the other tabs), at least if it's coming from another document or application. I can only paste text if it has been copied from the internet (I have no idea why it is now being selective). I have tried pasting from Word, another PDF, even my Outlook, nothing works except when copying from the internet (I've used Edge and Chrome, both work). Did I somehow change a setting in Acrobat and not realize it? Has anyone had a similar issue before? I have the most recent version of Acrobat Pro DC, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling to try to fix it, also tried restarting my computer. I have a work-around for this, but it's a hassle when I know this should be working the easier way.

Untitled.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you try pasting from word to a plan text file ( say notepad or similar) and see if you can paste it from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out.

As BarlaeDC suggested, please try copying and pasting the text from the Word file to Notepad or other text files. Check if that works.

Also, try creating a new Word file and save it locally. Check if you can copy and paste text from that file.

Please share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machines.

It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording with us.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I copied and pasted the text into both Notepad and OneNote (paste text only, no formatting), then copied that and pasted into the form field and both of those worked. Then I tried copying and pasting into a new Word document and saved it locally (I saved as both .doc and .docx) then tried copying and pasting from it, but that did not work. I can copy all my text and save it in OneNote and just copy from there from now on, it's just strange that I can't copy from Word. 

I have Acrobat DC version 22.0, and I have Windows 10 Enterprise version 20H2. Sorry I don't know how to screen record, but here's a larger screenshot example of where the issue is, I can't paste into any of the fields in the properties box if I am copying from Word. Again, not a huge issue now that I know I can save into a note and copy from there, just don't know what I did to make it not paste from Word anymore.

AlexU__0-1659026382245.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Were you ever able to find a work around? Having this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines