• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you get the 'ASM' file from a 3D PDF or vector graphics from any view?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got a PDF where i can see the item in 3D.

When i open the model tree i can see there is an 'ASM' file in the PDF somehow.

Is there any chance i can extract that 3D file and/or modify the 3D file itself? (I asked a 3D file or vector graphic image from the item and i got the 3D PDF.)

It would be lovely if i could get vector format graphics from the PDF.

Thank you,

Mark

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat does not have tools to extract or export the 3D model once it's embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark,

Check out www.tetra4d.com. They have a cheap tool called Converter and you can use that to export the 3D data stored in the PDF. They have free trials available as well. Keep it mind it is important to know who created that PDF, and how it was created. Often times 3D PDFs are created in a way that does not have geometry included, and exporting to a neutral format if it was created just a tessellation of the model may not give you the expected results. You can email me at jordan@tetra4d.com if you have any questions.

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines