• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change font and size in text box

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a standalone Adobe Standard 2020, upgrading from an Adobe Standard 9.  Under "9", I used to be able to alter font and size of text in a textbox by going into the "properties" of the text box, but under "2020" the "properties" menu is limited to "delete".  So, I then go to "edit .pdf" and then highlight the text in the textbox I created within an existing .pdf file, but the sidebar (on the right of the screen in the app) is grayed out and won't let me change text or text size.  I have tried all kinds of ways, and the only thing I came up with is to (yes, believe it or not!) create a Microsoft Word file, type in what I want, pick the text size, then copy and paste that into the text box.  There must be a better way, and I would very much appreciate it if someone could provide instructions on "how do I change font and text size withing a textbox".  Thanks.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help with this issue.  By "textbox" what I mean is that I will open a regular .pdf file, and then on the Quick Tools Bar there is an icon that is a little square with the capital letter "T" inside of it.  Hovering over that icon reveals the nature of the icon "Add text box".  I then create the textbox and type some text inside of it.  Under my older version of Adobe Standard 9, I could then right click on the text box and open "Properties", and within the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "textbox", exactly? Is this a text form field? A comment? Static text? Something else? Please clarify and we will help you find the correct way to edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello and thanks for taking the time to help with this issue.  By "textbox" what I mean is that I will open a regular .pdf file, and then on the Quick Tools Bar there is an icon that is a little square with the capital letter "T" inside of it.  Hovering over that icon reveals the nature of the icon "Add text box".  I then create the textbox and type some text inside of it.  Under my older version of Adobe Standard 9, I could then right click on the text box and open "Properties", and within the Properties menu, I could change fonts, font size, and some other things.  That is no longer with Adobe Standard 2020 (standalone version on PC).  I have tried using Ctrl-e to "edit .pdf", but the sidebar (on the right side of the screen) with the editing options, is totally grayed out.  I cannot figure how to edit the text inside of the text box to change fonts, font size, font color, etc. - I can only add or delete text.  Hope this helps. - Postscript Comment - I just tried creating a new .pdf with text box so I could do a screenshot and attach a file, and the Ctrl-e worked...go figure.  If I have problems with an existing .pdf (as opposed to one I just created), I'll update this post, but for now, I may be all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines