• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documentation on DISABLE_FIU_CHECK and CLEANUP_CEFFOLDER

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an issue where msiexec is running with these two flags when users run/close acrobat. DISABLE_FIU_CHECK, CLEANUP_CEFFOLDER. 

I cannot find what DISABLE_FIU_CHECK does, I see it referenced on other pages, but on the main msi args page it cannot be found.
It seems the CLEANUP_CEFFOLDER removes old copies of acrocef_* in the install directory, but no documentation shows if it works using the sccm install listed here.

Does anybody know what these do, as well if the work like this.

Setup.exe /sAll /rs /rps /msi DISABLE_FIU_CHECK=1 CLEANUP_CEFFOLDER

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I'm not alone. I can't find any documentation of what DISABLE_FIU_CHECK=1 does. I'll ask enterprise support today and get back to this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm told DISABLE_FIU_CHECK is the new CLEANUP_CEFFOLDER. They both are to do with cleaning up redundant CEF Folders. Also from Enterprise Support:

"DISABLE_FIU_CHECK=1 New command line parameter is included while invoking Acrobat binary to mitigate conflicting process to be popped up from Acrobat binary side. This parameter can be recognized by only latest Acrobat installers (20.xx.xxx.xxxxx). Old installers cannot recognize this parameter."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for sharing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the many actions in Acrobat and Reader installers is "check for files in use". This check helps preventing possible System REBOOT request after installer transaction is finished. In some cases it fails installers if a specific file(s) found being in use.

Public MSI property DISABLE_FIU_CHECK set to 1 and provided to the installer(s) disables above check. DISABLE_FIU_CHECK property has been a part of Reader and Acrobat installers for at least 15 years.

It has nothing to do with CLEANUP_CEFFOLDER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @LeoUpdaterX ! Yeah it didn't sound like a great answer when it was given to me and I had wondered if they were getting two different parameters mixed up. Interesting that it's been an available parameter for all those years too. Do you know if there's any Adobe  online documentation that explains these parameters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not aware of any online documentation for these specific properties.

Also, I double checked - looks like DISABLE_FIU_CHECK has been first introduced in 2015 with Adobe Reader DC base version 15.007.20033

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines