• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

double-clicking in explorer with mouse does not open pdf file consistently when preview pane open

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this previous thread about this problem:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/double-clicking-pdfs-to-open-doesn-t-work-consistently-when-p...

I read it through and although marked 'solved' it doesn't really offer a solution to the problem that was identified. I have been having exactly the same problem for a while and it is very frustrating. Could anyone look at this with a fresh set of eyes please?

To recap, the problem is that when I am trying to open a pdf file from Windows Explorer with a double-click of the mouse, and the preview pane is open, the file usually doesn't open with the first click. I must keep clicking repeatedly. I am working with Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.005.20060, Windows 10 Pro version 2004. If the preview pane is not open, the problem does not occur.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tallitin

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine.

PLease try to check for any missing/pending update for Windows OS and try updating it and reboot the computer once and check.

Also, please try to create a new test user profile in Windows with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Also as suggested in the previous discussion, this is not an Acrobat problem. When files don't open on double-click, it's often because of insufficient permissions, a missing or corrupted driver, an OS malfunction or interference from another process on your computer

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I've tried creating the new user profile, as you suggested, and the problem still occurs. The Windows OS is fully up to date. I don't have the same problem with any other applications not opening quickly from file explorer when preview pane is activated.

I will contact Microsoft to see if they can offer any insights.

Incidentally, to be clear, it's not that the file doesn't open at all, it is just that I often have to try many times before it will open, but the behaviour is somewhat unpredictable. It continues to be very frustrating.

Regards,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to get in touch with Microsoft support and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines