Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Down and Average Calculations

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a PDF project for reviews and have drop downs for each category that is being reviewed. In these drop downs there are 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, etc until 5. I also have a row labeled NA. I have the average for all of the values of all of the dropdowns at the bottom of the sheet. However when selected "NA" it brings the average down and acts as a 0 for its value. How can I put in a or an equivilant as NA to not be calculated as 0?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In calculation you use to calculate average, exclude fields that has value "NA".

If you share calculation you are using or your file, maybe we can help you more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The average calculation that I am using is just all of the drop downs that are part of the form. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must associate the export value "zero" with the "N/A" item, and use the export value in your calculation script.

Capture_354.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would still be used in calculating average, if I understand OP right they don't want to include fields "N/A" in calculating average.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct. I just need it to not calculate NA as a 0. I need it to not be included in the average calculation at all if it is NA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines