Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error combining Word files to PDF Desktop app

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Me and my fellow-workers are all having the same issue: we cannot create one PDF using moren than one Word document using the Adope Desktop app.

After pressing the combine button after some time every file gets a yellow traingle with an black exclamation sign and an error (in Dutch, sorry, but translated it states the following:)

"No PDF file was created because an unknown error occurred in Adobe Acrobat"

Not helpfull as it does not refer to the cause nor to a resolution. 

Luckily I could advise my colleagues with workarounds by using the online tool or to save the Word document to PDF first in order to combine.

A screen shot (Dutch):

2023-02-27.png

We are using the following software (all the latest versions):

Microsoft 365-apps for business Version 2301 (build 16026.20200) 
Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 2022.003.20322 64-bits

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1265 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

I tried all other "solutions" in this forum as registry editting etc.. but without success.

Please advice.

Thanks and best regards

Alberto NL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had the same problem for 2+ weeks now on 2 separate Windows 10 Pro PCs.  It worked fine previously.  The English version of the message is "No PDF file was created because Adobe Acrobat encountered an unidentified error."  We were originally using the 32-bit version of Acrobat Pro, which we uninstalled and replaced with the 64-bit version - this had the same problem.  Running a Repair Installation didn't help either.  Checked the filesystem path length of the .docx Word files we're trying to combine, and they're both well under 256 characters in length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

"Did you try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu of Acrobat?"

Yes I did. No succes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, we're not mind-readers. If you don't tell us what you already tried we're not going to suggest other things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I sound too short-sighted. I am not a native English speaking person.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue.  Tried re-installing, did not fix the problem.  Tried the repair function, did not fix the problem.  Any suggestions?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an unknown reason the problem is solved.

The current versions of the software I use are:

Microsoft 365-apps for business Version 2304 (build 16.0.16327.20200) 
Adobe Acrobat Pro Version 2023.001.20174 64-bits

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1702 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0

Best regards

Alberto NL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone get an answer to this issue? I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone get an answer to this issue? I am having the same problem.

By @Red Ink Writes

You are having the problem with JPEG files. That may be different… I just tried with a current Office 365 Word and a current Acrobat DC, and it worked fine.

Abambo_0-1703430660006.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Albert00 ,

I've noticed that Acrobat is glitchy when you use the method shown in your screenshot.

My recommendation is to move all the desired Word documents to a new folder. It will make the step described below easier.

So, instead of forcing a merge of Microsoft Word documents in Adobe Acrobat,  print the Word documents to PDF first in the new folder that you've created earlier for the Word documents. Using Convert to Adobe PDF is also problematic, so don't use this method either.

Just remeber => select the Word files => Print to PDF

Then you should be able to  combine the PDF files that were created from the Microsoft Word documents in Acrobat  with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I ended up using the web version to combine the jpgs, and it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply. As written in my first message we were already working with the workaround:

"Luckily I could advise my colleagues with workarounds by using the online tool or to save the Word document to PDF first in order to combine."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines