• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening pdf files

New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an error opening this document. The root object is missing or invalid. Adobe Reader 2022.001.20117.  

In other programs (pdf reader) the file opens without problems.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is this a new issue after installing an update or a new application?

Can you describe how this file was generated, it looks like an accounting/invoicing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Eric!

You're right, the file was created by accounting software. From what I understood, the software had made wrong pdf's header. Looks like third party pdf readers can open the file, because of skipping the check if header match to body. But Adobe Reader always show error message. If I`m correct, maybe there is any registery key to solve the problem.

P.S. The issue doesn`t depend on adobe reader version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've opened the pdf file with notepad++ for analizing. At the attached screenshot there is marked line, that i've deleted and file started work well. In addition it was clarified that if our colleagues safe file as PDF (1.5 version) in Micosoft Word 2016 and than use it in accounting software, we have troubles. But if they use Microsoft Word 2019 (pdf version 1.7) it`s ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines