• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Excel files no longer a supported type in Acrobat Pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it was an acrobat or an adobe update, but for the last month or so I have not been able to convert excel files to PDFs inside of Acrobat. Excel files do not show up as a supported file type, and In Preferences > Convert to PDF, Microsoft Excel is not listed, however, the other Microsoft programs (powerpoint, word, etc...) are listed.

I'm using Office 365 and have tried multiple different channels with no difference between them, changing what version I was on by using these commands:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /changesetting Channel=BetaChannel
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user

I've completely reinstalled both Acrobat and Office 365, still missing the ability to convert excel to PDF inside of Acrobat.

I spoke with tech support and they were not helpful, telling me to open the files in excel and then convert them to PDF from there, but that is a much slower process if I need to combine 5 excel sheets into 1 PDF.

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultq9awysak5y7d 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20310 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using?
I'm using Acrobat 2020 primarily, but I'm also an acrobat administrator so I assigned one of our available Acrobat DC licenses to myself and am having the same issue there. Acrobat 2020 version is 2020.005.30436

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.
No changes after running the repair.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...
No changes after resetting the preferences for Acrobat 2020 or DC.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.
Created a new profile with no change.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

I ran the cleaner twice, rebooted. Then I installed Acrobat DC from your link and did not change. I also tested with acrobat 2020 again, downloading from this link (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html) and activating with my license key. Still seeing the same issue, Microsoft Excel is not shown as a file I can convert to a PDF.

No Excel.pngxlsx select a file.pngxlsx not listed.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultq9awysak5y7d 

What happens when you try to convert excel files to PDF? Do you get any error messages? If yes, please share a screenshot for a better understanding. A small video recording of the steps and the issue would be beneficial.

Also, try to update MS office and OS once and try to use the application in the new user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and check for the issue.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps with no luck, please collect the installation logs from your computer and the Procmon logs (Win only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log files to the cloud, generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excel files will not even show up as a file I can select when creating a PDF, but if I force it to open an excel file by manually typing the name of the file, this is the error I get:

defaultq9awysak5y7d_0-1674581417588.png

Here are install log and procmon logs:
https://send.vis.ee/download/8805cde367b1c92c/#_CdzDDyxlIIkQRpXzHJ3QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultq9awysak5y7d,

Thank you for sharing the information.

The link you have shared has expired. Would you mind sharing the link to the log file again?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the logs.

We will get these checked and update you with more information.

We appreciate your patience so far.

-Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates or new things I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultq9awysak5y7d,

Sorry about the delay in response.

We have shared the information with the team, and they were able to reproduce the issue.

The team is working on the fix. We will update you when the fix is available. 

We appreciate your patience so far.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? It seems to be very random who it is affecting and sometimes it can be fixed by re-creating their local user profile on the computer, but that doesn't always see mto work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defaultq9awysak5y7d,

Thank you for your patience.

The team is still working on this issue. 

We will check with the team for more information.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update to this? It has been going on nearly a year now. The few users I have that experiencec the issue just sort of "deal" with it, but their workflows are still slower than they should be, and their productivity is suffering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

Please update the application to the recent version 23.08.20555. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is still an issue after updating and repairing. As discussed previously I am using the Acrobat 2020 Perpetual license which has the most current version as 20.005.30539.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can do that, but I'm not sure what steps I need to do to "Perform the workflow where you see the issue."
Excel documents are not listed as a type I can covnert. If you see the screenshot I uploaded on Jan 23, 2023 - All microsoft office products show up EXCEPT Excel. If I do File > Create > PDF From File... - I am not able to select an excel file from this dialogue.

What steps do you want me to capture in the procmon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my post from Jan 23, 2023, in which I describe doing exactly this, and please also remember I am using Acrobat 2020, not Acrobat DC. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html 

I will try those steps again (with the correct 2020 link - not DC).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed Acrobat 2020 with the acrocleaner, then installed Acrobat 2020 with no change. Then I ran acrocleaner again and rebooted. I assigned an Acrobat Creative Cloud license to myself and installed Acrobat Pro, see the version - 2023.008.20555. I ran a repair, still the issue persists. I still can not convert excel documents from inside of Acrobat. Both versions 2020.005.30574 and version 2023.008.20555 still have the issue for me.

defaultq9awysak5y7d_2-1709823017686.png

defaultq9awysak5y7d_1-1709822974503.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acromonitor seemed to automatically upload the files and gave me reference # 87c73b5b-6d6c-49fc-9b51-8cfd8a39e2c4

Here is the CC log file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Art1ygwsZmldkDKTBWu0wiXDyXSt?e=wLjr2O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Thank you for sharing the logs. I have shared them with the engineering team for review.

We will share the update as soon as we get any info.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines