• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts Not Loading for Bates Stamping

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to Bates stamp some docs, but the only font option in the Bates window is "Symbol."  Accordingly, it seems like the fonts aren't loading.  No idea how to fix.  Suggestions?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this issue present itself with any PDF file, or just one in particular?  The more you can tell us, the better shot we have of troubleshooting.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be happening with all PDF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd ensure I have the latest version of the program.  If not, check for updates under the Help menu.  If that does not do the trick, I'd run a Repair Installation from the Help menu.

Keep us posted!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this tool frequently and am having the same issue with all pdfs across all of my computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know I am not alone. My software is up to date, so I’m not sure what the issue is. Adobe Gods … save us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your screenshot, it appears that you are using a Mac.  Wondering if the original post was on Mac as well.  I run Windows, and all system fonts load and are available for Bates, header, footer, etc.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe post both OS version and Acrobat version numbers.  We may have a commonality between you two.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked today and this tool still is not working.

Adobe version = 2022.002.20191

OS version = 12.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that handy trick where you restart your computer and now everything is working correctly. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart works once then the issue is coming back. Looking at other posts this seems to be a larger issue.

In each instance the only font available is Symbol.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/font-problem-in-watermark/m-p/13136482

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/quot-add-text-comment-quot-only-allows-font-of-sy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AkanchhaS Can you take a look at this? Seems to be a bigger issue - we are having it with several users internally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, @kevin stohlmeyer 

Can you please share a sample file with us to further investigate the issue? Also, share the following details:

1- Current version of Acrobat

2- Exact version of OS

3- System logs:

Mac and Windows: the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 

Only Windows: Procmon Logs-

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a PM. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everyone,

While we are further investigating this and discussing it with our product team, you may please install the latest patch released for Oct 2022.

Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines