• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! I can no longer print PDF's in Color on a MAC!

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden whenever I want to print a PDF it only brints in black and white!  I have no idea how this happened.  I've uninstalled the app several times, and I've even updated it.

As you can see in the picture.. the print in greyscale option is blacked out, and there is no other place for me to select print in color option.  Trust me I've looked everywhere.  Really hoping somewhere on here can help! 

I'm using a MacBook Pro by the way.  TIA for any help!!  I'm a teacher as you can see from the picture below, so I'm getting ready to print tons of things, and they are all in color!

Screen Shot 2024-07-22 at 1.29.48 PM.png 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click the "printer..." button. I would be there are options there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jackie314,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience! 

Would you mind updating the application to the latest version and letting us know if that helps?

If not, I have a question. Have you tried using the option "Print as Image" from the Advanced settings? Do you see the same result there? 

If yes, please share a few details for further investigation:

1. The app version number you are using;

2. The OS and its version;

3. please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and share them via the document cloud link https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the info you asked for.

1. app version: Version: 24.002.209.64
2. OS Version: MaBook Pro "MacOS Monterey 12.7.5" (it was just recently
updated)

As far as sharing the log report.. I was able to download the Adobe CC Logs
however when I click on the link to share them.. I am not seeing the share
button as noted in the step by step directions. Please see attached
screenshot. Is there another way to share the logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jackie314 Thanks for writing in!

You can upload the files to any drive and share the link with me here.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached the files below. I hope you are able to help. I would
really like to be able to print my PDFs in color again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jackie314 I used to own a HP OfficeJet for the longest time and I loved it until it died a few years ago. I know why it died because I started to use Costco refillable inks and not the original HP inks... I since bought an Epson printer which allows me to print 13x19 inch posters! 

• If your printer worked before, sometimes it can be glitchy. And I literally will turn off the printer, unplug it from the back or wall outlet, wait for about a few minutes, and then plug it back in and turn it on. Sometimes it needs a reset. You may lose some saved settings though
  • I would double-check the installation of the inks, and if you are indeed not using HP inks, go back to it. HP Printers are reliable beasts! 
  • Ensure that the printer is not set to print in grayscale or monochrome. Go to the printer’s control panel on the printer and navigating to the settings section
  • If I can remember, there was a 'Wizard' on the printer, to go through to make sure your printer is working...sort of a scan doctor on the Printer

Curious to know if it's just the PDF or can you print directly from any other application and it's grayscale. Do a test print on the HP Test Print. If it comes back in color, then you can see where exactly. 

Here is a direct link for Printer Drivers and other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jackie314 I am not able to see the files. Would you mind logging in to the community and sharing the link again? 

Thanks,

Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It automattically saves as a .zxp file, and when I try to upload it here, it says it's not supported. =/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jackie314 You can upload it to a cloud storage and share the public link with me here.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jackie314,

Shared these with the team for further investigation. I will reach out to you if I need further information.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jackie314 Would you mind letting me know how the files are created? You can check for the file properties by right click on the file-> get info.

Also, please share a sample file with me. Our team was not able to reproduce this in-house.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's any type, whether they are exported from a PPT or if it's an already a PDF that i've downloaded. no matter what I can not print in color. Sorry for the delayed response, I never received a notification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@S. S I am having the same problem as described by @Jackie314. I was able to print my PDF in color by opening the file in my Preview window on my Mac, and was able to print in color from Google Chrome - so don't think it's a printer issue but an Adobe issue. It looks like this wasn't resolved previously - so wondering if there's an update or anything I can provide to help resolve this. Would be so much easier to print right in Adobe than opening in a different program/app. Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tracy_2849 @Kbartonfl,

Sorry for the trouble. 

Would you mind sharing a few pieces of information for further investigation: 

1. The printer model and driver details are on your end. 
  2. How is the printer connected? (IP, name, wired, PCL, PS) 
  3. Is this happening for multiple files or some specific files? If specific files, can we get a sample file? 
  4. How are the files created? This can be checked in the Creator field in File-> Document Properties  

5. Has the issue started appearing recently?

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@S. S sure thing...

1. The printer model and driver details are on your end. 
    --- Mine is a Canon MG6820 / Driver version: 16.10.0.0
  2. How is the printer connected? (IP, name, wired, PCL, PS) 
    --- Connected wirelessly through home internet
  3. Is this happening for multiple files or some specific files? If specific files, can we get a sample file? 
    --- Happening for multiple files.
  4. How are the files created? This can be checked in the Creator field in File-> Document Properties  
    --- I'm not seeing a Creator field in this box - would it be the PDF Producer field by chance? 
  5. Has the issue started appearing recently?
    --- I honestly haven't tried to print something for awhile, so am not sure when it started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tracy_2849 Yes.

That would be the field that says "PDF Producer."

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@S. S sorry for the delayed reply. There are different descriptions in the PDF Producer field - some of them are:

Those are a few examples of different files and what the description says - but none of these have the option to print in color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tracy_2849 @Jackie314 Thanks for the info. 

I have forwarded this issue to the dev team for further investigation. 

I will reach out to you if further information is needed.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, it’s been awhile and still have not heard back from anyone
regarding this issue. Can you, or your other teammates please advise? Thank
you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jackie314 We are already investigating this, and a ticket has been logged. 

Would you mind getting on a call with me? This will help me get further information from you and share it with the dev team to expedite the issue.

If so, please let me know, and I will send you an email so you can schedule a call according to your preferred time.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jackie314 I have shared an email to the address registered in the community. Please check and let me know if you received it.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines