• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I number only the odd pages of a pdf file consecutively?

May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need help writing java code to number only the odd pages of a pdf file consecutively. I know this can't be done in adobe natively because it will skp every other number if I apply the numbering to only the odd pages. I think this is possible with some java code but I am not familiar with java, I have experience with C++.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't Java, it's JavaScript. It may seem I'm being picky (and I am), but Java is another, entirely different language. So if you go Googling for Java and Acrobat you'll find largely weird, unhelpful, and confusing stuff. It's never abbreviated to Java; at a push you could say JS, but the full name will serve you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the addWatermarkFromText method to do it. Where do you want the text to appear, and what should it look like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to see text in the bottom right corner of the page. Only odd-numbered pages need consecutive numbering. Please help with javascript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to write the code yourself you will need to read the documentation of the method I mentioned above.

Or you can use this (paid-for) tool I've created that will allow you to do it without having to write any code:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-advanced-add-header-footer-text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines