How can I turn off permanently the bookmarks panel in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I turn off permanently the bookmarks panel in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021?

I cannot find any solution that work for this newest version on google.

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no such option. This is a built-in part of the application and can't be "turned off".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default65jmig9yzaom wrote:

How can I turn off permanently the bookmarks panel in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021?

I can think of two things you might be asking:

• To hide the Bookmarks panel from the left-hand navigation panels, go to View menu > Show / Hide > Navigation panels > uncheck Bookmarks. You can also right-click in the blank area under the Navigation panels.
  • If the Bookmarks panel is opening automatically when you open a PDF, go to File menu > Properties Preferences > Initial View and set the initial view to "Page Only", then save the document.
    924B1BA3-F63B-48CE-A504-918CD4C3C9A1.jpeg

If the file is locked for editing, then you can't make the change. Only someone with the password can make the change. In case someone reads this later, it cannot be changed with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader either.

Is this what you are asking?

EDIT: changed "preferences" to "properties". Thank you Bernd.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> go to File menu > Preferences > Initial View

It is available at the File Properties.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neither of these options solves the problem permanently for all files, it only solves it to a single pdf file, I need to apply it for all documents that I can potentially open.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@default65jmig9yzaom 

That's correct. When the creator chooses to show the Bookmarks panel when the file is initially opened, that is not something you can override. 

You can make a feature request to the developers here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines