• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I print multiple pages per sheet and even/odd pages enabled without messing the order?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just can't figure out how to do it. My printer doesn't have Duplex feature so I have to print the odd pages first and then even. 

The problem is that it doesn't work for multiple pages per sheet, if I want to print 2 pages per sheet with odd/even pages then that means it will mess up the order: 

- It will print page 1 first and then page 3 in the same sheet, as an example completely ruining everything. 

What I want is:

- Printing page 1 then page 2 in the same sheet, and then in the next sheet, I want it to print sheet 5 and 6 

What I'm doing right now is first creating a PDF document with multiple pages in one sheet and then enabling odd/even and printing them but that takes a lot of time, is there any way to make it work like I want it to? Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the Odd or Even pages setting in the print dialog box?

Also, if your printer does not have a duplex feature, how is it printing both pages 1 and 3 on the same sheet? What about pages 3 and 4? You don't menetion them in your question. 

Please upload a screenshot ofthe print dialog box settings that you're using.

Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 8.52.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-24 at 8.53.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm enabling odd/even pages, that's the problem. When it prints, it prints odd or even PAGES, not sheets. I want it to print odd or even sheets. 

Here is a picture to explain what's happening:Screenshot 1.png

What I want is when I enable "Odd pages" it puts the very first pages in the first sheet, and then 5-6 pages in the second sheet....etc this is the correct order that I want. 

But it doesn't do that because when I enable "Odd pages" it puts the first page and then the third page in one sheet...etc it prints 1-3 in one sheet, and then 5-7 in the next sheet...etc messing up the order completely and rendering it useless. 

Screenshot2.png

As you can see, it's the wrong order which makes it unusable or me. Is there a way to make it do what I want? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'll need to type inthe page numbers manually. Like so:

Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 9.29.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible when you split the document in 2 documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean splitting into odd and even in a way where it's possible to keep order possible when I enable multiple pages? How do I do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible with a script.

Create two copies of the document and delete unwanted pages in this new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines