• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add or remove a check mark in a box on a form

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The contract can be found here.  How do I put a check in the boxes?

http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/20-10.pdf

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

The main problem is the document does not have interactive form fields. So you can either add them yourself with Acrobat of use the typewriter tool (Tools > Content > Add or Edit Text Box) to add text and the stamp tool to add checkmarks. This is what the recently added EchoSign functionality provides, but the checkmark is new to Acrobat 11. You can instead use an uppercase X for the checkboxes, or use the the built-in checkmark or X stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends. What version of Acrobat do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeAcrobat version 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main problem is the document does not have interactive form fields. So you can either add them yourself with Acrobat of use the typewriter tool (Tools > Content > Add or Edit Text Box) to add text and the stamp tool to add checkmarks. This is what the recently added EchoSign functionality provides, but the checkmark is new to Acrobat 11. You can instead use an uppercase X for the checkboxes, or use the the built-in checkmark or X stamp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did the realtor put a check mark here?

You can download the pdf with check marks below

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?m1knbw3ytp4713l

Is there somewhere I can download this contract with interactive fields?  I tried to follow your instructions, but it is not working out.  Not sure where the stamp tool is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If I should get acrobat 11, just let me know and I'll get it and we can start over.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the check mark was added at the time the PDF was created, just like anything else on the page. I'm not aware of a place to get an interactive version of the form. If you don't already have Acrobat you can download Reader 11 and it will allow you to use the EchoSign features to add check marks and add text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, this got way harder than it should be.  So I guess bottom line is I need a fillabe version (or interactive as you called it) of the form.  Is there anyone that can make this form completely fillable?

http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/20-10.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is July 2017 and I am having the exact same problem.  I did not realize that check marks are not open for editing and that I should have used a Caps X in a text box instead of the symbol from the upper bar.  Frustrating and truly way harder than it should be, indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. Same here. ADOBE needs to update that editing feature!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is extremely frustrating. I don't know what happened to the old PDF viewer I had from Adobe, but since it updated to the latest Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I cannot add check marks. I have looked on numerous websites... I have scoured this help forum... can someone please tell me where we can find check marks in this program? I do not want the "x" from text, I want a check mark symbol. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines