• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to de-activate or find activated devices?

Engaged ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I tried to install Photoshop CS6 on another Windows 10 device.

During setup, I got the below warning:

"

Adobe Acrobat 2020 (Classic) - Setup
You have Adobe Acrobat DC (64-bit) (Continuous) already installed.
Please uninstall that product before proceeding with this installation.

"

I might be wrong, but I only know of just 1 install, i.e. on my Windows 10 desktop PC.
AFAIK users are allowed to install Photoshop on another device, i.e. 2 installs(?)

Hence I logged into my Adobe account in an attempt to get some info about the 2nd install (laptop? VM? No idea)

This is the info on activated devices.

"

Activated devices
You can install Adobe applications on more than one computer, activate them (sign in) on two, but use them on only one computer at a time. To activate apps on a
third machine, you'll need to deactivate (sign out) on one of the two current computers first.

You have no activated devices

"

Now it is getting a bit complicated.

The installed version is CS6 v13.0 32bit, being installed on Windows 10 x64 desktop PC
whilst I intended to install same on another Windows 10 x64 device (Microsoft Surface Pro 7+)

No problem with de-activating a 2nd install, if I only knew where it was/have been installed.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Photoshop CS6 activations will not appear on that page. It's only for DC activations.

You will need to contact Adobe directly for help with this issue. We can't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - that sounds like an issue that only a call to Adobe support would be able to fix. You can't deactivate on a machine that you can't identify!

Good luck,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find the activated devices in your Adobe account: https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices
There you can also deactivate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
I know, but then again, as per my first post: 'No activated devices'..
In the meantime, however, I believe/read somewhere that this may probably work for subscribed software only(?)

i.e. not the single stand-alone software. Not sure though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later, I am having this issue as well. So the Activated DEvice window is not editable manually so we can add our device, and it doesn't work with Adobe software recognizing the device, which could oddly be a security issue in the first place.  My issue of this is likley keeping me from updating a frewsh install of my apps on a new PC. I doubt it is a browser issue, as I am using a Chrome based browser/Brave. Some work PC's do have certain policies that are security issues, so they can be turned off. So there needs to be more user control on these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 activations will not appear on that page. It's only for DC activations.

You will need to contact Adobe directly for help with this issue. We can't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Chat help was available, but after some time, and having me go about uninstalling and reinstalling, I found a method from another photographer that worked. 

Just copy the program folder of whats in "Adobe Lightroom" on my old system, to the new system folder to over right the fresh install, and everything works! I will likely need to contact Adobe to do some activation or deactivation of my software license at some point.  But not being able to in the account is an expected shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines