• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to have access to a Google Shared Drive On Adobe Acrobat?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There, 

I am looking for a way to access a shared drive on my Google Drive account in Adobe Acrobat.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro DC "Home" menu, I clicked on "Add an Account", I clicked on "Add" Google Drive account.

I then needed to sign in to my Google account and click "Allow", for Adobe Acrobat to connect with my Google Drive account. 

It was added, but only my "Google Drive (My Drive)" and not the "Shared Drive".

Why? And if possible, how to add a shared drive?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Acrobat forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Your observation about the Goggle Drive access is correct here. When you add an another account in Acrobat, like here it is Goggle Drive. Then it would allow you to access only "My Drive".

The content saved in My Drive would only be accessible from within Acrobat. Rest, Shared Drive, Recent, Starred etc. wont be accessible. .

This is a design behavior.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!
How are we as a company supposed to work with our files then? of cours - alle the company files are in shared drives. If it is designed to behave this way, I am sure there must be a solution for this. can you direct me to some resources on how to work with files, if google shared drive is the primary cloud resource?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the files and open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF 😄 This cannot be the solution. 😄
We pay a lot of money for adobe products. Especcialy as a company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF 😄 This cannot be the solution. 😄
We pay a lot of money for adobe products. Especcialy as a company. 

By @Sailrs

Contact Google to provide a solution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been corrected? This is a problem for everyone that uses your products and Google Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been corrected? This is a problem for everyone that uses your products and Google Drive.

By @IDFW

There is no issue. Access your data via the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the feedback and hope you can forgive my ignorance. I access My Drive and Shared drive very easily on my Windows computers. Would you be kind enough to give me direction on using on my Ipad and Chromebook. Surely I am doing somthing wrong . This help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are there updates on this? I am working on a document with hundreds of pages and I need to add another 100 or so pages to a PDF file. Those files are in a shared google folder. How am I supposed to work on it without being able to access the shared drive? It is going to take me 20 additional hours if I have to download all these files first. 
Please forgive my irritated tone, but I cannot believe how time-consuming this project will be if I cannot access my shared google drive files. Please advise. There must be a way.
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update yet?  I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the topic,

As mentioned  by  @AkanchhaS , it is a design behavior between different cloud services.

For instance, if you were also trying to share a folder from the Adobe's Document Cloud and expect it to be visible in GoogleDrive, you will observe the same experience.

However, just like many other cloud space services, Acrobat's Online Services facilitate the users with an intuitive user interface to navigate directory tree structures that belong to other clouds.

Therefore, the most convenient way to actually share folders in Google Drive and make them accessible to Acrobat users is to manually add a folder in your Google Drive; and deposit in that folder the files that you want to share.

You may instruct your Acrobat users to look for shared files in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not sharing. I can not access Google Drive Shared Drive. These are not folders that have to be shared. Half of the Google Drive Structure could be shared and is not, by default, exclusive to the user. The only other program or system I use with this limitation is the Apple or Mac OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Access them via your OS file system, not as cloud data from inside Acrobat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is true, the built-in data-connector in Adobe Acrobat can only use your personal drive, not a shared drive. But there is one workaround.

Other replies suggest downloading the file, then reuploading once your done with it. However, I instead recommend installing the Google Drive application for your OS. This will treat your Google Drive(s) as a "local file", and you can then access it in Adobe Acrobat the same way you access other local files. (And of course, you can now also access the drive file in your OS's file explorer, and open it with adobe acrobat directly).

I hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines