The latest release of Acrobat and Reader DC, addresses multiple Security, Performance, and critical issues.
Adobe recommends installing and updating Acrobat DC and Reader DC for Windows & Mac 20.006.20034 Continuous Track, 17.011.30158 2017 Classic Track, and 15.006.30510 2015 Classic Track as quickly as possible because it addresses some important bug fixes.
Install updates from the Help menu of Acrobat/Reader DC, select Check for Updates.
Reboot the machine once after updating Acrobat/Reader DC.
For detailed information and to download the latest patch manually, please refer to the Release notes.
The following are the key performance improvements in this release:
- 10 top crashes and 20+ security vulnerabilities fixed.
- 25% faster download of View files.
- Instant access to Document Cloud files on the app launch.
Top Bug fixes with this release:
- Acrobat installation failed on MAC with error Exit Code: 7. Installer hangs at “Running Package Scripts” due to invalid sudoers.
- Conversion of Emails to PDF from Outlook is slow
- Missing Images when converting Excel to PDF
- Run time error encounters while converting shared Office files from Acrobat ribbon on MAC
- Acrobat DC takes a long time to combine images to PDF on Mac Mojave
- Hang observed while opening/saving PDF files
- Outlook hangs on composing a new mail if network proxies set and Adobe Document Cloud add-in enabled in Outlook
- Acrobat crashes on inserting 3D media via Tools->Rich Media
- Changing a value in a Reader Extended Form gives a “Software Failure”
- For these features, refer to the Administration Guide.
For IT administrators (managed environments):
- Download the enterprise installers from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/, or refer to the specific release note version for links to installers.
- Install updates via your preferred methodologies, such as AIP-GPO, bootstrapper, SCUP/SCCM (Windows), or on macOS, Apple Remote Desktop and SSH.