• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save multiple signatures in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to save more than one signature and initials under the fill and sign tools?

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have this same issue at work.  I sign documents at work and I sign documents for my boss at work.  My work around is this:

Save one signature as a signature and the other as "initials".  There are two options on the sign button, one for signature and one for initials.  So I can sign for my boss and myself with that.  Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Honestly in my situation niether work-around is good. 

Doing the first one involves sending the form to each doctor for signature, which would require them to 1) See the notification, 2) know how to use Adobe Pro and 3) actually do it. 

If you have ever worked with or around surgeons, you know that when there is something they want done, they direct that it get done and then leave for either the clinic or the OR.  They will use the computer for the EMR and for email, but they really do not feel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader can be simultaneously installed on the same system (regardless of user accounts), but I will give it a go, thanks for the suggestion.

It doesn't negate the wish for this feature however, and still feels like a workaround. Using the initials field as a second signature will be my go to in the meantime, I guess. Thanks nonetheless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make your extra signatures you need into stamps! Super easy and you can have as many as you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said, stamps are less secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often have to sign for my wife as our Down Syndrome daughter can only have one parent as the primary guardian. I have my signature as the primary in Acrobat but if I need to add hers I have created a .png file of her actual signature and in the edit pdf screen I add her signature by the adding image option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very simple workaround - use NitroPDF much simpler and user friendly and multi signatures are easy.

Wish i had switched years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the paste clipboard image as stamp tool.

Open the transparent image in any software that support it such as MSWord or Paint, then make a copy (it will be on clipboard) and then go to Acrobat and use this "paste clipboard image as stamp tool."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this be considered solved??  It is NOT solved, nor is the work-around a secure work-around.  

I manage an orthopedic surgery office and sign documents for myself and five surgeons.  Previously (in the old Adobe Pro version) I could store all signatures and select the one I wanted for the given document.  Now, in the MORE EXPENSIVE version I can store only one.  This regresses me significantly.  Using the Initials work-around still limits me to 2 signatures.

This is unacceptable and NOT solved.  The only reason we "upgraded" to the new version is because I got a new computer and my old license would not transfer.  Adobe has lost a fan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I work for a very large law office and during these covid times we are all telecommuting.  Now more than ever our Legal Assitants need to legitimately sign for their attorneys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a lawyer. Signing for other lawyers in the firm is routine and you can use the "sign yourself" or stamp feature.  Both are not certified or secure digital signatures but who cares.  Before all this, secretaries just signed documents for their bosses all the time.  No one cares, unless on a rare occasion it becomes an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tool for making signature stamps:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/PDF-Signature-Stamps.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess one way to allow multiple signs, for subsequent form fills and workflow signatures in Adobe Acrobar Pro DC is to insert a newy created stamp with the image of your signature in .png. Then go to File in the Menu bar > Save as Other > Reader Extended PDF> Enable More Tools (includes form fill-in & save). This will ask you to save the form with a new name that would now be interactive, fillable and signable by others.

Cheers,

Nash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, muliple signatures has always been a problem. The real solution is to add wet signatures to the PDF and then use a digital certificate to lock the PDF.  This is what Adobe Sign does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly in my situation niether work-around is good. 

Doing the first one involves sending the form to each doctor for signature, which would require them to 1) See the notification, 2) know how to use Adobe Pro and 3) actually do it. 

If you have ever worked with or around surgeons, you know that when there is something they want done, they direct that it get done and then leave for either the clinic or the OR.  They will use the computer for the EMR and for email, but they really do not feel their time is best used doing things that other people can and should be doing for them.

The second one requires me going around to each surgeon to get a wet signature.  Another thing to know about surgeons is that they are never all together in one place unless there is a board meeting.  They spend half their time in the OR and the other half in the clinic.  Waiting for all of them to sign anything would take at least a week.

Which is why I say again - this is not a feature, it's a bug.  I'm now paying monthly for something that I used to be able to buy outright.  So I'm paying many times over what I paid before, yet the features have regressed.  

FIX IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign does note use Acrobat. Signers get an email with a web link, They click the link to open a web page that displays the document. They are shown where to sign and given a variety of options on how to sign. If this is on a mobile device they can use thier finger to draw a signature. They click done and you are sent an email informing you the form is signed, with an attached version of the PDF that is now protected with a digital certificate. Very simple for everyone involved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Easy" is in the eye of the beholder, Thom.  If I have a nice form letter that I want nice signatures on to send to a physician we're trying to recruit I do not want scribbled signatures from a phone on them.  And again - you have clearly never worked with a surgeon.  They count the number of steps and "clicks" it takes them to do EVERYTHING.  They have become highly senstitized to this ever since the emergence of the EMR.  Things they used to be able to direct other people to do they now had to do.  They became data entry clerks. 

Right now they could direct ME to get the letter written and prepared to send.  That takes zero clicks.  Anything more than that is too many.  They will do this to sign a mortgage if they have to, but not to sign an important document.

This issue is NOT resolved.  It is a regression.  It was available before and was efficient, secure and effective.  Now it is cumbersome, time-consuming and expensive.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deat Thom,

We don't care about digital certificate...we just want see our signatures!

I m a lawyer and I use to sign agreements or contracts in the same room...so how I can apply signatures inside the pdf file when all clients are in my office..I had to send them a email????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that Adobe Sign can be used in that way. This question has come up before. I think you would need a signing tablet for this type of workflow. I know there are vendors that provide this kind of service. Just not Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an assistant to multiple C-Suite executives, I need the ability to sign for each of them, just like I used to with a drop-down menu. SO $%*&^ FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!! that the feature is gone.

SO $%*&^ FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not possibly have said it any better.  Illustrates the frustration, irritation and anger perfectly.  

I waited a long time to see if I could come up with a better word than "anger", because that seems unprofessional.  But when discussing anything this categorically insane by a company being obviously and completely tone-deaf and oblivious to the storm they created there is no better word - unless I use a stronger one.

There is no putting lipstick on this pig.  It needs to be fixed.  You had it before and are trying to paint the loss of it as some sort of attractive feature, as if we are too stupid to recognize how utterly ludicrous and laughable they sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a work around in Acrobat 2017. The 2 sites with more details are at the end.

1. Set up digital IDs for each of your docs. You will need to add their email and a password for each. When you set them up, there is no appearance option, this comes when you go to digitally sign the document. (Edit-Preferences-Signature-Identities and Trusted Certificates)

2. Set up appearance. (Edit-Preferences-Signature-Appearance)

3. Add signature form fields to the document. Then click on document tab to close out form creation.

4. Right click on form field. Select the digital ID. Once you have done this, there is an option to change the appearance, this drop down box will show all the signature images that you added previously. Select, type in password.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html?mv=product&mv2=acrobat

https://support.globalsign.com/aatl-document/multiple-signatures-adobe-acrobat-xi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have re-created all of the signatures that I already had when I had Acrobat XI. The second article references Adobe XI, so I sure hope that I didn't do all of this for nothing. I don't currently have a document that needs to be signed, but I will try this when I do.

Thank you,

Barb
Barbara Sack, MHSA, CMPE
Executive Director
[Personal info removed by Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but rather than signing for multiple people, I need signatures in multiple languages. So I do hope Adobe can add this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to add more than 2 signatures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The accepted answer above is a great workaround. You can always scale signatures or initials up once drawn with a mouse or trackpad using the "Draw" option in the "Sign Yourself" feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of February 19, 2021, I see that only 1 signed signature is allowed.

It took me a while to figure out that one has to delete and existing written signature to allow another to appear.

Doesn't solve the issue those are struggling with here, but it wasn't a very intuitive experience in being able to insert a new signature using the "Sign Yourself" feature in Acrobat.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines