• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save multiple signatures in Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to save more than one signature and initials under the fill and sign tools?

TOPICS
How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

I have this same issue at work.  I sign documents at work and I sign documents for my boss at work.  My work around is this:

Save one signature as a signature and the other as "initials".  There are two options on the sign button, one for signature and one for initials.  So I can sign for my boss and myself with that.  Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Honestly in my situation niether work-around is good. 

Doing the first one involves sending the form to each doctor for signature, which would require them to 1) See the notification, 2) know how to use Adobe Pro and 3) actually do it. 

If you have ever worked with or around surgeons, you know that when there is something they want done, they direct that it get done and then leave for either the clinic or the OR.  They will use the computer for the EMR and for email, but they really do not feel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken1615,

Signature is unique so there is no such feature to store multiple signatures or initials under fill & sign tool.

As a work around you create images of your signature using other application & save them at a location, then you can directly insert those images as a signature.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had trouble using an image as it wasn't transparent, so I used the option to Change Saved Signature on the Place Signature drop down, imported a new image, inserted it where required the repeated the process to restore my original signature.

cheers,

Doug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please -  Add multiple signatures Accounts  My wife and me only have one computer and need to sign the same docs. the work around is very hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, this was not an issue w/ Adobe XI. You could change signatures with ease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree! Helpful for Businesses as well, like when my boss is out and I need to add her signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is an important feature to support multiple signatures. This feature is not about uniqueness you seem to be missing the purpose here as it is NOT for multiple signatures and initials for the same person rather it is for different people within the same family.

Please since this is not possible this is a feature request from customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, multiple identity signatures for sure, but also, many people have formal and informal signatures, maiden and married name signatures etc. The program should allow for multiple saved images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct- I need professional name and legal name to be available in the same Adobe program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes and as in my case I am signing as an AIF.....  and still sign for myself...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a satisfactory answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not practical and potentially encourages a lower degree of security by having to have random images of signatures scattered around.  In our office we frequently have to sign for multiple upper management people. It would be tremendously useful to be able to retain previously applied signatures in a drop down menu and be able to apply them. This was a fundamental feature in the older version of Adobe for us and it is sorely missed in DC. Adobe has really pulled an Apple here and removed features for no apparent reason. Also in the old version of Acrobat the program would remember your viewing preferences for the left hand drawer. It is super annoying to have to click twice every time one opens a document just to get to the page images. (Something we need in our workflow). Hopefully Adobe will make some updates, especially since the price seems to be moving up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly. I am going to play with PandaDoc later on to see if it has managed to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unique signature feature is a real problem.  I guess I will have to go back to Acrobat Pro 11 to get better functionality.  Bad design decision, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you go. That's the real intent of making it only one signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is completely lacking in common sense. I hope it is not the official Adobe position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but have you considered we multi language workers that work in global companies?
I need to sign my documents with the proper language (such as Mandarin, English, Japanese, etc.)
It is disrepectful to sign our documents in a different language... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if Adobe is aware of this, but some of us speak multiple languages and thus have multiple signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create as many custom stamps as you want.

Go to Stamps --> Custom stamps --> Create --> Browse, then find already scanned signature (saved in pdf format), name this new stamp whatever you want and Save.

To place a signature, just find your signature under Stamps drop down menu and drag it to desired location. Resize to fit in the space. It works. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A stamp is very different to a digital signature. The former is just a comment. The latter is a type of certificate that can be validated against a specific user, requires a password to apply, contains a time-stamp, locks the document from further editing, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's is an insecure workaround as stamps are not treated the same as signatures.  There is nothing stopping someone from just inserting an image as well.

The issue has never been we cannot add the images of signatures it is that we cannot assign multiple images AS signatures and have them treated securely by Adobe Acrobat as @try67 explained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@akhtaraz , this is awesome!  I wish I could give your tip 10 Likes!  I was able to save the stamps with my png files too.  Amazing tip, works great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tip is not a secure way to place any signature on a PDF as many have stated.  You're just placing an image file on the page!  Adobe Digital ID (digital signature) found in the Certificates tool is a secure digital signature, and can be verified using a Certificate (FDF file with key code).  The Stamp Tool tip is not a legally binding signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stamp version of the siganture is just as secure as the "sign yourself" process when you simply saved an image of your signature and insert it.  Neither is to be confused with a secure digital signature.  So for purposes of routine signings like a letter, you can use either sign yourself or the stamp signature.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines