• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to send PDF as attachment without the annoying dialogue box? Like in the good old days?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schmizz_0-1677515320614.png

Pleeeease: How to get rid of this stupid dialogue box? I need to send so many PDFs as attachment every day. I don't want to click this popup window away everytime. Used to work without in earlier versions of Acrobat. Any help is very appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

You made my day! This is awesome! Thank you so much! 👍🏻👏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @schmizz 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Please go through the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't see how this could solve my problem.
Seeing that I am in good company with my complain about the complicated attach-to-email-process,  I really wonder if the U/X programmers at Adobe are never reading these forums. This is a basic, everyday function that used to be streamlined and fast. The solution now is about as stupid as the new save-as dialogue in Photoshop. Imho the idea of good software is to speed up workflow, not to slow it down.

Regards, Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @schmizz ,

In the old JavaScript™ for Acrobat® API Reference - "Doc methods", starting on page 297, there is a perfect example of "this.mailDoc;" method  to suppress the "compose-new-message window" (or the stupid dialog box as you call it) when the GUI element is set to (false) .

You need to employ a JavaScript script, which you can incorporate as a Mouse Up event executed from a button object in your PDF form.

Here's the example:

//function this.mailDoc() method set to false to send an email with the PDF file attachment silently//

this.mailDoc({

// set to false to get rid of stupid dialog box//

bUI: false,

//to intended recipient//

cTo: "justMyself@heresay.net",

//copy to another recipient//

cCC: "Me.Myself.and.Me.Again@justBecause.org",

//Your message subject line//

cSubject: "how to send PDF as attachment without the annoying dialogue box? Like in the good old days?",

//Your message body goes here// 

cMsg:"Dear Adobe,\r\rPleeeease tell me How to get rid of this stupid dialogue box?\r\rI need to send so many PDFs as attachment every day. \r\rI don't want to click this popup window away everytime. \r\rUsed to work without in earlier versions of Acrobat. Any help is very appreciated...\r\rSincerely,\r\r\rschmizz ''The Greatest!''"
});

The script also worked when I launched the same PDF in  Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser in Internet Explorer 11 Mode; but it may work with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox depending on how your security restrictions are set.

The first time you send the file, the dialog window shown below will come up only one time to select the desired email client or webmail service.

rememberChoice.png

Make sure to tick the checkbox "Remember my choice" after you've entered your email recipient address.

The next slide is just to show that another window will open if you have not configured an email account with your default webmail service (managed entirely by Microsoft Windows, not Adobe Acrobat)

emailClientMaildoc.png

After you complete these steps, every time you launch the action directly from that PDF in Acrobat it will email itself silently with the entire document attached. Plus, hardcoding the script like shown in my example above avoids having to also open the email client dialog window to fill in the subject and message body protions of the email..

NOTE: For a better experience, also make sure that  before you send the file take some time ahead to verify that your  Spam filter won't block the message and the attachment.

And here is the final result:

As you can see in the slide below,  it was intercepted by the Spam filter

scmiz.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed workaround! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this free tool I created exactly for this purpose:

http://try67.blogspot.com/2018/10/acrobat-reader-2019-quick-file-send.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You made my day! This is awesome! Thank you so much! 👍🏻👏🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works great, however I found that the 64 bit version had to be pasted thusly (I do not have any entry in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe for "Acrobat"; using latest 64 bit Adobe Acrobat DC version

therefore pasted the script into 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Javascripts

This worked fine, the button under the file menu for "Quicksend" is there and does its job.

(I did have to change some permissions and give administrator permissions etc. Some js warnings. Hopefully nothing bad)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help for Mac users available, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines