• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to install DC without all of the added bloat?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Acrobat DC installs at least 4 separate programs.  DC, Creative Cloud, Genuine Service, Notification Manager (The fact that it tries to silent install crap like McAfee if you aren't paying attention is beyond insulting).  I'm not even sure what half this crap is.  I know I can go through and uninstall them all but it leaves trace files and registry keys everywhere, so I'm just wondering is there any way you can tell it NOT to install anything except DC only!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, these are all part of the app: it has thousands of files, and multiple actual processes. Some add services you might live without (notification manager), some manage licensing without which is won't run (creative cloud), some are to protect Adobe from the rutheless criminals counterfeiting their software (genuine service). Anyway, no, these are all a real part of the app, whether you like to see them or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually a lot of what you just typed is absolute bullcrap.

A) Basically every program I can possibly think of that I have ever installed in my life manages to install everything under ONE wrapper.  Never in my life have I seen a separate installation under W10 for a task manager lmao.  When you go to uninstall programs on Windows you should not be greeted with FOUR separate Adobe installations for simply Acrobat.

B) I forgot to also mention it also automatically installs as Chrome extension without asking, making 5 separate installs for Acrobat with unnecessary bloat

C) Creative Cloud is simply Adobe's store front.  It is NOT necessary to manage any licensing, unless of course you want to buy something.  They are, without asking, installing their app store on your computer.

D) That is NOT what Genuine Service is.  Genuine Service is literally a bloated antivirus in their own words:

"The Adobe Genuine Service (AGS) is a free service that periodically verifies whether Adobe apps on your machine are genuine and notifies customers if they are not. The AGS can help protect customer machines from security vulnerabilities and harmful malware that may be present in non-genuine apps."

At the end of the day Adobe installs 3 completely unnecessary programs (Creative Cloud, Genuine Service, and Notification Manager) along with 1 completely unnecessary browser extension and does not even warn you or give you the option to not install these.  I can't recall the last time I've not been greeted with the option to choose what I want/don't want to install when setting up a program.

PS If you think you need any of those simply go to add/remove programs and remove all of them and Acrobat continues to work, because those are all useless to the functioning of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines