• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep acrobat window size

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I tell acrobat to remember the window size?  I am running Acrobat Pro version 2021.001.20149. Mac High Sierra. Example: open pdf. Resize window. close pdf. open pdf. I have to resize window again.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Adobe Acrobat remembers the last viewed state of a document if you've enabled "Restore last view settings when opening documents".

This preference setting is accessed via clicking on "Edit" --->>> "Preferences" --->>> "Documents".

Just rememeber, this is a global preferences settings.

NOTE: If you're asking how to make a specific Page View to stick with a specific document everytime it is opened, then try this:

• Open the document in Acrobat
  • Click on "File"--->>> "Properties"
  • Then go to the "Initial View" tab. There are three subsections, but two of interest to your case. These are: "Layout and Magnification" and "Windows Options"

See if this resolves your issue.

If this is not what you're inquiring, then you may also want to explore with the Print Production tool --->>> "PDF Fixups", by which you can customize a specific page scale profile just for that particular document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP is on a Mac.  There is no "Edit --->>> Preferences --->>> Documents" menu.  On a Mac, there is a "Preferences" menu under the Acrobat Pro 2020 menu.  There is also a section here for Documents and a "Restore last view settings when reopening documents" that I can check.  However, it does nothing for the problem that I have.

Let me explain my situation, which I believe is similar.  I review a lot of drawings that come to me as PDFs.  These include floor plans and I try to open a fairly large window on a 32" monitor.  I have it sized so it takes up a majority of the monitor, but it is NOT maximized.  I get my travel itinerary sent to me by our government travel agency.  I have no control over those PDFs and they are portrait 8.5"x11" documents.  Each time I open one of those travel itineraries, Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020, resizes the PDF application to a tiny, narrow, windo that is sized to fit the width of the PDF in a too-small to read font size.  I hate how this document hijacks my PDF window size (and it also moves the window to a different screen as well).  I know of the setting "initial view" which is set locally with each PDF, but that is a terrible option.  I only open these PDFs once each so I can print them so it is useless for me to change that setting when I open the offending PDF (since it has already done its damage) and I won't need to open it again.  I have no control over the initial view setting and besides, there should be a way to set the application to override an individual documents' view settings.  Imagine that you got dozens of documents from different sources and you needed to contact each one of those to get them to turn off the initial view setting for each document?  That is ridicilous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for catching that detail about the OP using mac.

About your particular issue in how Acrobat handles the initial view, you should be able to that following this guidance:

The issue is, however, that the initial view is dependent on how the creator of the source PDF document set that configuration in the document properties.

So if, for example, you did not created these PDFs, you have little to no control of telling Acrobat to override the initial view of a document that was already created in a specific way.

That is the con.

On the other hand, the pro is that, at least we know that Acrobat respects how the original content of a PDF was meant to be displayed after it is shared or distributed across many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is fine when opening from an existing pdf file. It does not work when creating a new pdf file from CREO .DRW file (Pro-E). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is fine when opening from an existing pdf file. It does not work when creating a new pdf file from CREO .DRW file (Pro-E). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines