• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep getting Full Screen mode prompt every time I open a new PDF file.

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Sept 2023 update, every time I open an Acrobat file, it gives me the following prompt, asking if I want to put it in Full Screen mode - which I never want to do. I have to check "Remember my choice for this document" and then "No" every single time. This is really frustrating because I typically have to re-export and save new pdfs multiple times (graphic design related) so remembering my choice for a pdf doesn't really work for me, as I typically have to overwrite the pdf multiple times.

Is there any way to make it so Acrobat stops asking me if I want to go full screen for every document? It's really frustrating. I've tried Preferences, General, Reset All Warnings, same with unchecking the options at the top of Preferences, Full Screen menu. Nothing has worked.

default042q15pajhgf_0-1696884337226.png

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Then you'll have to disable it for each file, under File - Properties - Initial View.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Preferences - Full Screen, tick off "Alert when document requests full screen".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if I do that, it just automatically goes full screen for every document then. Which I don't want that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you'll have to disable it for each file, under File - Properties - Initial View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is my issue, too. Very frustrating that I can't set Acrobat to not default to full screen mode. Our printer requires single-page PDFs, so I approve each page individually. Having to click "No" and the Remember my choice box for every page is really annoying. If I find a way to avoid it, I'll post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines