• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeping meta data description in jpgs on import and export

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I have multiple jpg images that have been scanned.  I added titles and descriptions to each photo, now, when I add the image to a document, the meta data disappears. 

In another document, I added title and description of a page in Properties, then exported it to a jpg, but when I look at the file info, the description that I added in is not there. 

How do I get the "description" info to stick to jpg on import?

How do I get the "description" info to stick to a pdf file when I export it to an image

Thank you!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not available in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this assembly in Acrobat? If so, please do not try. Adobe Acrobat Pro was intended for creating PDFs of documents from other programs. What you are doing is a digital version of adding images to typewritten documents. 

Please use Word or (better for your purposes) InDesign to create the document with all of the descriptions and text you want. Then Print to Adobe PDF in Word or use "Export" in InDesign for your PDF.

Here's a link on how to create Captions in InDesign: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/captions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you help.  Yes, I am trying to assemble in Acrobat pro.  I've done it before with a photo album, but I didn't need meta data.  I just tried to use word to assemble, but I need meta data to attach to each individual object within the page.  For example, if I have a photo album with 100 photos I want to able to search for "coffee", and have the album find all the images that are tagged "coffee".   Perhaps you can help me figure out what would be the best option.  I looked at Indesign and it's too complicated for me.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thank you so much.  Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I agree that the ID approach is not as easy as one would like, but doable. 

I wonder if any of the "book" options that Lightroom or Apple has might be a good approach for you. I'd make a better suggestion if I knew more about these things, but I do not — I've never used them. BUT, if they have text (which I think they do), and if the text can come from the image's metadata, then you could simply publish the book and sit back and reap the rewards. 

But again, I've not done this before, so I cannot make a recommendation. Hopefully, someone else can make a recommendation. 

In the meantime, have you been entering content in the metadata for keywords and descriptions? If you've not done it yet, might as well get started.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha!  I have 100's of photos and am not anxious to enter all that data twice, so was hoping to find something that would let me do it.  I've looked at apple photos, and that might be an option, so will keep researching.  Thank you for all your kind help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines