• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac "Preview" altering font size upon editing form

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a PDF form with four taxt inputs. I've set the font size to 225. Everything displays correctly on the Mac when I open the PDF using Preview, but as soon as I edit the prefilled data, the font noticably shrinks. The issue does not exist in Adobe Reader for obvious reasons, but I don't want people to have to rely on downloading an almost 500mb program to alter a few characters of text.

Does anyone know if there's a particular way I need to be saving these PDFs? Is this just a bug in the Mac's Preview app? Does the same happen in Windows?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Preview is a notoriously buggy application, especially when it comes to PDF forms. It corrupts them just by opening them. It's recommend not to use it at all. Stick with Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preview is a notoriously buggy application, especially when it comes to PDF forms. It corrupts them just by opening them. It's recommend not to use it at all. Stick with Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines