• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac Word to PDF not tagging hyperlinks with object (OBJR) for Accessibility

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac I convert Word documents to PDF using the Create PDF ribbon in Word and by Acrobat Pro DC using the Tool for Create and going through File > Create PDF from File. No matter which way I convert it, the Link-OBJR is not automatic and the path for the underline is include; therefore, I have to remediate the file by using the find to add link objects for link and removing that pesky path.

What it looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 11.11.01 AM.png

What is should look like to meet accessibility standards:

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 11.16.15 AM.png

This used to be automatic and it no longer is happening. I noticed it some time ago and was hoping Adobe already knew and was working on it. I'm not seeing that looking at the Known Issues log. I also don't see it in the latest notice of things fixed. I am definitely not seeing it in the application itself. This is causing a lot of work for me, but I'm also concerned that people haven't noticed and are publishing PDF documents that aren't really accessible (I hope they use the checker, and look at tags, but might not have the time). 

I have scoured these forum articles and search engines and either I'm not using the correct words, or others haven't noticed this problem. I have seen articles about checking settings and I have checked all settings and still this remains a problem. If there is already a solution out there, please let me know. Here is the system/version information:

• Word: V. 16.64, 365 Subscription
  • Acrobat Pro DC v. 2022.002.20191 which the Creative Cload says is the latest
TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple has so locked down virtual printers in its OS that it has become impossible for Adobe, and other editors, to provide a PDF Maker that can incorporate tags and some interactive elements.

You have to use Word on Windows or use Adobe's online converter: https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/acrobat/word-to-pdf/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Aricia 

Creating Adobe Acrobat PDFs from Word is the sole reason I have Windows running on my Mac.

• Adobe allows you to install Acrobat on two devices, one can be Mac and the other Windows.
  • Microsoft Office allows installations on five devices. Again, one license works for both Mac and Windows.

I've asked at conferences and it's macOS that causes the issues. Years ago I needed two computers for this, then just separate licenses for each OS. It's easier these days.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines