• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ONGOING! Issue with the scrolling speed on Mac OS in Acrobat CC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this issue has been haunting me and many other Acrobat CC user for a long time now. It would be great if Adobe in all it's wisdom could fix it. The problem:

When scrolling in any application on MacOS (Monterey 12.1, but also happened in previous versions) using the mousewheel on my Logitech MX Master mouse (but other mice with scroll wheel also) adobe scrolls about 10 lines of text on a page with a small wheel movement. This makes reading very annoying, especially because Acrobat CC is the only application behaving this way and interferes with muscle memory. It frequently happens that i end up many page further in a document where as if i would scroll the same in for example Microsoft Word i would just scroll one page.

When using the Magic Trackpad Acrobat CC scrolling is fine and smooth and i would really like Acrobat CC to behave the same way, or at least have a smoother scrolling experience. I tried alle the "fixes" i could find on the forums, but non are of any help.

I included a video showing the effect. On the left you see Safari and on the right you see Adobe Acrobat CC. I am using the same scrollwheel movements on both applications and the difference in scrolling should be very noticable.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem too. Mac o/s Monterey v12.4 and most recent version of Adobe Acrobat with the following properties: Architecture: x86_64, Build: 17.12.30205.10205, AGM: 4.30.109, CoolType: 5.14.5, JP2K: 1.2.3.50018. I also have a Windows machine with Acrobat, and this is not an issue. I am using an Logitech MX Master Mouse. Everything is newly updated as the Mac Studio is minty new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue but with a Razer deathadder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meet the same problem which makes me have a bad impression to this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a recurrent problem on Mac since Acrobat 6, so for more than 20 years.
For me it's solved, I switched to Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any preview of when Adobe will fix de Acrobat Mouse Scrolling speed too fast for Mac OS users?

Im actually using Logitech MX Master 3, on Macbook Pro M1 Ventura 13.1, and Adobe Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a slight workaround for the scrolling issue with Logitech mice. I use a Logitech MX Vertical Advanced Ergonomic mouse and used to use a Logitech MX Master 2, both with the Logitech Options software installed and both with the same problem of scrolling too fast. I am using a MacBook Pro M2 with macOS Ventura 13.2.1.

Open Logitech Options, select your mouse, select Point and Scroll, and turn the Scrolling Speed all the way down. It will slow down your scroll speed in Adobe Acrobat pretty significantly. Now when I do one full quick scroll of the scroll wheel, it will scroll for two PDF pages instead of 12+ pages. The speed of the single "click" of the scroll wheel stays about the same (3 scrolls clicks per one PDF page.) The workaround is helpful if you are staying primarily in Acrobat and not switching between Acrobat and a browser, for example, because the browser will now scroll painfully slowly. When you are done with Acrobat you will have to set the Scrolling Speed in Logitech Options back to a reasonable level.

Hopefully one day Adobe will fix this! The scrolling speed problem forces me to use Mac Preview instead of Acrobat a lot of the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this suggestion. I have moved on though. Let me STRONGLY recommend that Mac users simply switch to PDF Expert by Readdle. It is substantially, quantitatively better than Adobe Acrobat and they offer a perpetual license. The is more intuitive than Acrobat and offers many features that Acrobat simply does not have. The scrolling issue is not there at all of course. I have tested it very thoroughly and I am very happy with it. Why did nobody point this software out before? Wow. Adobe will lose market share as soon as the word gets around.

Best,

-Mark

Mark T. Lusk
Professor of Physics
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80401
mlusk@mines.edu
http://inside.mines.edu/~mlusk/mlusk.html
Pronouns: he/him/his

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue seems to be resolved with updated Mac as of 8/3/2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working properly for me. A workaround is using an app called "Smart Scroll" - it allows for configuring scroll settings per application with many options for speed, acceleration etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This app saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Max25716923ss8z ,

Thank you for updating the thread.

Can you also confirm in which version of macOS are you on, and please also specify the name and model of the mouse pointing device that seems to be working after the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue on Macbook M1 chip, and I dont know why Adobe is slow in response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FOUND THE FIX FOR THIS!!

Acrobat > View > Page Display > Single Page View

The change only apply per document so you'll have to change it every time but seems to fix my issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines