Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open a ppdf file with Adobe Acrobat Reade

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

I am working for an enterprise company and we have a lot of external partners who are using RMS to protect their PDFs which results in PPDF files. We would like to use Adobe Acrobat Reader to open these files, and based on the documentation, it is possible, and the MIP plugin has been part of the program for a while, but we cannot make it work. The reader says the file is damaged or badly decoded and does not recognize it. 

We modified the related registry key that is mentioned in this article, but it did not work:
Microsoft Purview Information Protection support in Acrobat (adobe.com)

After modifying the registry value, we still cannot see the checkbox. I tried with string and dword as well...

Can someone suggest something?

TOPICS
How to , PDF , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the adobe1.png file the current settings of your registry, if that is so then you need to change the value to '1' ( without quotes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you're right... Amature mistake, I made the screenshot after a lot of tests and I forgot to change it back, but the actual setting is in the adobe2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines