• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF can open in Chrome Browser, not Edge

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a link in a PDF to open another PDF.  When I click on the graphic tab, my PDF opens  in Chrome, Opera Browsers, Not Edge and Firefox. 

The error from Edge

samm18018402_0-1660936743204.png

My link looks like this:

samm18018402_1-1660936834524.png

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

"Are you saying those two browsers do not use the adobe plugin? I don't get it."

Absolutely, we are saying that. A few years ago, all browsers used the PDF plug-in. But all the browser makers decided to stop doing that, and make their own PDF viewer/competitors. (The only exception left is the obsolete Internet Explorer). So Adobe has nothing at all to do with your PDF display (assuming the link is followed from a click in the browser).

That said, if I was looking at this problem I'd take a good

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither Edge nor Firefox use the Adobe PDF plugin, so this question should be directed to the developers of those plugins (Microsoft and Mozilla, resp.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying those two browsers do not use the adobe plugin? I don't get it.  These two browsers command 40% of usrs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ways to fix-

Open the PDF File With Another App. 
Update Microsoft Edge. 
Clear Browser Cache in Microsoft Edge. 
Check PDF Documents Settings in Microsoft Edge. 
Choose Edge as the Default App for Opening PDF Files. 
Repair Microsoft Edge. 
Reset Microsoft Edge.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It's sad, but true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Are you saying those two browsers do not use the adobe plugin? I don't get it."

Absolutely, we are saying that. A few years ago, all browsers used the PDF plug-in. But all the browser makers decided to stop doing that, and make their own PDF viewer/competitors. (The only exception left is the obsolete Internet Explorer). So Adobe has nothing at all to do with your PDF display (assuming the link is followed from a click in the browser).

That said, if I was looking at this problem I'd take a good look at the path name in the browser. Is it what you'd expect? Copy and paste it, change / to \ and %20 to a space. Compare with what you get in a working browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replaced %20 with a hyphen between words in the file name. Chrome recognized the new file name, but Edge somehow remembered the old name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name Do you know why Edge still remembers the old name after I deleted it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"my PDF opens in Chrome, Opera Browsers, Not Edge and Firefox. "

These are "fake" PDF readers that can damage a PDF form.

You should use a real PDF reader instead (Acrobat, Foxit, PDF Studio).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using Acrobat, but the browsers create new problems for most users.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines