• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF document pages turning yellow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted a word document into PDF using Adobe Acrobat Pro and all of the pages turned yellow. Does anyone know how to delete or turn off the yellow pages and make them just normal white pages?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 299 Replies 299
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the work week fast approaching and my PDFs still a sickly yellow, it sure would be nice to hear about a fix from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem starting from today. have you tried printing the pages? is the printed document still yellow or it is only when shown in the monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mostly just a monitor display problem, though I can't say if that is the case for everyone.  I've printed some PDF files and they come out fine on paper.  Also, the PDF files themselves are not corrupted as other 3rd party PDF reader programs can display them correctly and other, unaffected computers, don't have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here, it prints like it displays, meaning, also the printouts are yellow. Very annoying and also embarrassing, in other words: useless software, because of the need to look for alternatives, although it's a paid service.

The hints or work-arounds for accessibility do not solve anything if it's not just a file that only has black text on white background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pages print fine for me both in colour and black & white, everything is normal. Sharing the same documents with other users who aren't experiencing the issue, they see the proper white background. I can't speak for anyone else, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

create txtfile
called stupid adobe.txt
paste the below in there
taskkill /f /im adobe*
ren  "%appdata%\Adobe" "adobe.old"
taskkill /f /im adobe*
ren "%localappdata%\Adobe" "adobe.old"
taskkill /f /im adobe*
ren "%APPDATA%\..\LocalLow\Adobe" "adobe.old"
@echo tiz fixed your firendly nabourhood wilko

save file as stupid adobe.txt to your desktop.

change .txt to .bat and run as administrator

warning this will nuke current users adobe settings and any stored on a server roaming file

recomend running as admin while logged into user account

// disclamer I take no responsibility for this as its only tested in my environment

use at your own risk

but hey better then waiting for days for adobe to figure out what they broke.

ps learn to windows adobe team

pps sup james

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taskkill /F /IM "AdobeUpdateService.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "AGSService.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "armsvc.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "CoreSync.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "Adobe Desktop Process.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "Adobe Installer.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "AdobeIPCBroker.exe"
taskkill /F /IM "CCXProcess.exe"
ren "%appdata%\Adobe" "adobe.old"
@echo tiz fixed your firendly nabourhood wilko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

net stop AdobeUpdateService /y
taskkill /IM AdobeUpdateService.exe /F
taskkill /IM "Adobe Installer.exe" /F
taskkill /IM "Adobe Desktop Service.exe" /F
taskkill /IM "AdobeNotificationClient.exe" /F
taskkill /IM "Adobe CEF Helper.exe" /F
taskkill /IM CCLibrary.exe /F
taskkill /IM CCXProcess.exe /F
taskkill /IM CoreSync.exe /F

ren "%appdata%\Adobe" "adobe.old"
@echo tiz fixed your firendly nabourhood wilko rev.3 missed a spot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works on simple black text pdfs, but doesn't help with any pdf with images etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for everyone or every document. This helped only one of my documents but the rest all have yellow boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is a Windows issue (or a combination of the latest Adobe and Windows updates) that has changed the way colour profiles are working. JPGs and PNGs were displaying with a yellow tinge in other apps (e.g. Windows Photo Viewer) aswell as PDFs.

The following fix worked for me.

• From Windows Control Panel open Color Managment.
  • Select the affected display (if you have multiple affected displays you will need to repeat the following steps for each one).
  • Check the box "Use my settings for this device"
  • Select any existing profiles associated with this device and Remove them.
  • Click Add and choose the ICC Profile called sRGB IEC61966-2.1.
  • Click OK and then Close
  • Test

Hopefully this helps others fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was coming to the same conclusion that it was a combination of the windows service pack KB5005565, and the update from adobe. In my case KB5005565 installed on Sept14,2021 and the Adobe Update 21.007.20091 installed on Sept16,2021. My issues began on Sept 16. 

Started with only newly downloaded pdfs being yellow (on my 2 monitors), Tried Printing to pdf in b/w tried printing to printer all printed yellow.  Then when editing an old pdf yellow was added to the pdf where it was not yellow before. Then all of my pdfs started showing yellow on the preview pane without even opening them.

I tried accessibility fix, and it only removed yellow from background and left all text boxed filled with yellow, and left png images added to pdf with background. Also added yellow to my signature when signing a pdf. 

Since I couldn't uninstall the adobe update, I tried uninstalling the windows update. When I uninstalled KB5005565, windows autoinstalled KB5005033 which was not installed before.

I was not seeing any image (jpg, jpeg, png) show up with yellow until I uninstalled the windows update. Once I did that all of my image files showed up yellow but only on one of my two monitors. and I still had the same adobe issue. 

I re-installed KB5005565. I updated printer and video card drivers thinking it was an issue with the way all the things were working together. 

I had found the Color Management fix on a different forum Saturday, But I couldn't find the profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1....I tried different profiles, and got the yellow issues in the image files to go away, but no difference in the pdf files. 

Thank you @defaulty19tohr0v5k7 for posting this, it made me look for the profile again. I found the profile at the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile at the very bottom of the ICC section.

This has currently resolved my issue. but definitely still want an answer from adobe. 

Also, @AnandSri  (Adobe employee) did respond late in the day on 9/17.  "The issue has been reported to the Engineering team for further investigation to identify the root cause and to eliminate it as soon as possible. 

We'll share an update soon. Thanks for your patience and for your cooperation on this."

Her response is not what we want to hear, but we have to let their delvelopers go through the code to find the cause. 

I'm hoping Someonw will be able to provide another update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works to some extent but text only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this fix and it appears to be working. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This your solution seems to have worked "permanently" for my image-heavy color PDFs.

I only did one thing differently: Instead of removing existing profiles, I added sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and made it the default. 

Thanks again for your post. This issue had the serious potential to upend a business schedule and disappoint my customers. But now I am relieved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had this issue today and it literally happened while I had a pdf opened. One moment it had the normal white background and the next it was all yellow. Every single pdf I opened was the same.

I tried the various fixes suggested in this threada but nothing worked.

I then dragged and dropped a pdf into a Firefox browser window and that displayed with the correct white background and the next time I tried opening the file in Acrobat, the yellow had disappeared. Somehow, bizarrely, opening a pdf in a Firefox window fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked for me too! I opened a pdf in Google Chrome, then closed and reopened in Adobe and the yellow tone was gone. I checked other pdfs and they no longer had the yellow either. Agree that it's bizarre, but none of the other fixes suggested in this thread worked and this did! Appreciate you sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work only in Firefox, and isn't a fix.  I still can't see my docs correctly in Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I preview in file explorer it is yellow open in either Chrome or Edge it is white open in DC pro it is yellow WTF is going on this started in Sept 2021 for most people in this thread and is still unresolved by Adobe in Jan 2023 they will not be getting my money at renewal this year I am looking for alternatives to this expensive rubbish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines