• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preparing to install... pop up appears when I open Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to open up Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I get a Windows Installer pop-up that says Preparing to install...

image010.png

Then it asks me for a serial number or if I have a subscription

image011.png

The account has a subscription, so when I click that button it gets stuck at Installing Adobe Acrobat DC (because it is already installed):

image009.png

I am updated to the latest version 2022.001.20142

When I click check for updates I get the error code "111100"

I have tried to repair the installation and it just freezes Acrobat Pro DC and makes it unable to open if closed.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

I have also tried uninstalling, using the AcroCleaner to make sure everything was removed, and then reinstalling.

None of these things worked.

Has anyone seen this recenetly? Is there a fix or workaround for it?

Thanks,

Nick

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

Thank you for sharing the detailed information about troubleshooting steps performed at your end so far.

Looking at the description above, it seems you have already tried all the possible solutions.

We suspect you have started experiencing this issue after installing the latest patch, 2022.001.20142. 

Try this:

1- Not sure the installer used to download the Acrobat DC. So you may uninstall the existing one using the cleaner tool: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html > Reboot the computer and download the setup from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Launch Acrobat once it is done with the installation 

2- Still no luck? Create a Hidden Administrator account and launch Acrobat in that account. 

How to create a Hidden Admin account: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-the-hidden-administrator-in-wind... 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response.

Neither of these things worked.  Still trying to install itself.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines