• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print all open tabs with Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to print all open tabs within Acrobat DC, instead of clicking on each one individually?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi d_e_c_c_a,

I am sorry that won't be possible.

You can try batch printing to print multiple documents, however printing all the files opened in the tab altogether won't be possible.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi d_e_c_c_a,

I am sorry that won't be possible.

You can try batch printing to print multiple documents, however printing all the files opened in the tab altogether won't be possible.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sheesh, you'd think after all this time, all these years adobe would have included this LOGICAL EFFICIENT option by now -- you know like PREVIEW can do in OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto in 2023, 5 years later. any progress ?

Lots of new marketing plugs have appeared in acrobat over this time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it impossible? A simple option in the print menu that prints all of the tabs with the same print options. MS Excell has this option, ans has had this option for a long time. I can select mutilpe PDF's in a file and print them all that way, but most of the time I am printing from a website. I could download all of the pdf's then print them, but how much of a pain is that? It is much easier to just print the idividually. For all of our modern technology, and we can't create a simple feature that would save a lot of people a lot of time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option in Excell is different. You have different sheets in one file and can print all of those. The Equivalent to this is having a binder and print the binder — which is possible.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Foxit can do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that the truth? I am still amazed at some things, this is one of them.! So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open all PDFs you want to print. Then create a new PDF from multiple documents., Choose all open PDF's to be included then print the resulting PDF.

@ADOBE this shouldn't be neccesary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!! Thank a lot, this solution has solved my problem big time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge timesaver! Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can also be done using this (paid-for) tool I've created, without needing to combine all the files first: https://try67.blogspot.com/2013/03/acrobatreader-silently-print-all-open.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even do this, lmao. Because I need to select specific pages from each document. I would waste tons of paper if I did this. Guess I'll just keep manually clicking & printing over 100 pages per day. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do think I can help you in your specific dilema.  It would be more of a one on one work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having to merge documents into one file is a step that should be unnecessary.  You should be able to hit shift, select the tabs to be printed and then right click and print.  This was an old way of dealing with excel before you could print the entire workbook from a dropdown.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of opening the documents in the reader, highlight the PDFs by choosing them and right click and choose "Print". It will only print one copy but if that  is all you need, that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with this, is that files are printed without any order, not by name, not by creation date, just randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best I could come up with is Acrobat Actions:

There are two options: 1. Print Folder 2. Custom Print Action

1. Print folder is a default action I believe. You should be able to select an entire folder and print.

2. Custom Action. I created an action that will batch print and will give me the option to select the files I want to print either by file or folder. Ensure "Prompt User" is ticked off or it will bring up the print dialogue each time. Beware, however, it will print based on your current print dialogue settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be the 'correct answer' but it is an incredibly useless and unhelpful thing. The lack of this feature is just plain inexcusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a corrrect answer does not need to be usefull, it needs to be correct. You are simply missing the picture. Create a book and you can print all.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by no means SOLVED. A bandaid maybe. The Select all PDF's > right click> print option only works if the files you are trying to print are already on your computer. I have to print pdf files from the internet daily, from companies outside of my control, and often several times a day. I open all of the files I want to print, then have to print each one of them individually. Which is a total pain, and also very time consuming, especially since I will have to turn around and do the same thing for a different set of files a short while later. Yes, I understand that I can merge them all into a single pdf, and I understand that I can download them all into a single file and print them that way. But the app that I use (not by my choice) doesn't have a download option. So, when I click on each pdf it opens them in Reader. Then I have to click save as for every single one (which could be 20 or more files at a time), or open my downloads folder and search through hundreds of files to find the ones I just downloaded and print them that way. Which is all more time consuming that just printing every one of them individually. A simple Print All Tabs option would be a life saver, but I guess this is what we get for depending so heavily on a free program. No support team to make improvements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you will open all files  ( in separate tabs)> go to combine and chose all open files. Now jus print the newly created file. This should remove the need to save files to your hard drive.

I hope this will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a PDF Portfolio containing all of the PDFs you want to print.  Then select print -> all PDFs in portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 years later .... still not possible.
Changed to Foxit reader. Sorry folks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can combine all open tabs and then print... it takes few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines