• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"A Drawing Error Occured"

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i am trying to open any of the PDF file in my system,it's showing the message - ""A Drawing Error Occured" & nothing is visible in the PDF file. I had checked every PDF files in the system, the same error is showing. I had gone for "Repair Installation & Check for updates" but there is no solution. Iam using "Acrobat Reader DC".

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which version of Microsoft Windows is this occuring and which version update of Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, 

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Version : 21.7.20091.452390

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarun,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you are using the Windows 7, would like to inform you that the latest version of Reader DC is not tested on this OS. Windows 7 is an old version and support for this version has been drooped.

I would suggest you to update the OS to window service pack 1 or above. Then check if you can open the PDF.

Please let us know if the issue occurs to some particular PDFs or with any PDF. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Meenakshi,

Thank you for the reply,

Please to be noted that I am help less in upgrading the windows as i am using the system which is provided by my company where i am working, please advise whether there is any other solutions to sort it out. I can't even open a single pdf file, the same error is coming ('A drawing error is occured').

With Regards 

SARUN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to Meenakshi's guidance,

I think you should be able to run that version of Acrobat Reader in compatibility mode.

As mentioned, this version has not been tested on Windows 7 due to its support cycle reaching end of life.

As a work around, you may try and run this version of Acribat Reader in compatibility mode using this guidance: https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135271

However, keep in mind that Compatibility Mode is intended for older programs that are installed on top of  a newer version of Micrososft Windows, or when you've upgraded the operating system.

I'd suggest to use the step by step wizard in the guidance above, but choose to use recommended setting, and run Acrobat Reader as Administrator.

Be aware that, in the case that you're successful, some features of the version of Acrobat Reader that you're forcing on Windows 7 may not work as intended.

You may need to roll back to an older installation package of Acrobat Reader to meet the system requirements of Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear,

The issue was not solved. I had tried as per your tips, but finally the result was not sucessful. 

Sarun5F8D_0-1632722512889.png

Can you please advise? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to rollback to an older version of Adobe Reader DC 2020.

See if the download links in this page works for you:

https://prodesigntools.com/acrobat-dc-2020-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, on Windows 10.  It's not OS related!  Come on, Adobe, how incompetent can you possibly be that you can't make a PDF reader that simply works after 28 years?  How do you still manage to make Acrobat worse with every version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same error on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines