• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"copy with formatting" option doesn't appear

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro DC, i want to copy a paragraph with its formatting and paste it in again, in the same pdf. When i highlight the text and right click, the only options i see are Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete and Select all. Similarly under the Edit menu, Copy with formatting does not appear. What should i do, is there preference i need to tick or untick somewhere to make it appear? thank you

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Select the text and right mouse click. Then you will see this:

Bild61.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you find the suggestion that you will see this option? Perhaps we can help you unravel this advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found something that worked for me.

Edit...Preferences...general...select Make Hand tool select text & images.

Remove the checkmark from "Make Hand tool read articles".

I just tried it on a whim and it worked. I have no idea why this solution was so difficult to locate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the "copy with formatting" option become visible for you after this? Does not work for me at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does you see in the menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only get the copy option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use Acrobat Reader. The option is not available in Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, I have Adobe Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text and right mouse click. Then you will see this:

Bild61.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posting the same answer twice, when the original poster specifically states the option is missing, isn't very helpful.

I had to install on a new PC. I had that option before in the right-click context menu, but now it is missing.

I need to copy text with hyperlinks and can't find the answer to why the "copy with formatting" option is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing option Copy With Formatting is only available in Read Mode, not Edit Mode... I know Acrobat is a POS.

Leave Edit Mode and with the Selection Tool (the black arrow) you can select text and right click to find the Copy With Formatting option.

and no it was not 'Correctly answered by Bernd_Alheit', that answer wasn't even close.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I paste it is still not keeping my formatting.  It is not lined up at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL WOW!! Can't believe this is the answer. Been searching around for 20 minutes. I can't believe this atrocious UX. Who would ever need to copy formatting in read mode and not edit mode?? It's like they're intentionally trying to make a garbage product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My files were opening on Adobe Acrobat, which didn't allow me to copy with formatting. I went to my Preferences tab on Adobe Acrobat, and the top toggle read "Open PDFs in Acrobat". I switched this off, and it opened my PDFs in a separate google tab, which allows me to copy with formatting with a normal copy.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 11.34.48 AM.png

 Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines